General Conference AI

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Copelius
    Maker of eyeballs
    • Dec 2012
    • 4065

    #61
    Mine is in its nascent stage, but it will be there for about a year. I decided that I need a break from being a temple worker while they ride the choir like a rented mule for the SL Temple open house.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21143

      #62
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Sis. Runia should be on the speaker's list for every conference. She's great, and her message this morning deeply affected us.
      Thank you for the recommendation. It was quite good.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15670

        #63
        This one will generate some great memes for the next few months. (I've already made it my morning wake up alarm.)

        BYU fans to Coach Roderick when we don’t score more than 30 points.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • MartyFunkhouser
          Disciple of RNGesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 18756

          #64
          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

          I thinking the peacemaker talk. I went and read and really appreciated it. There is a lot of mojo on some Mormon circles that villainize empathy and feel the need to emphasize a vengeful God.
          I hope Mike Lee was listening
          Was he talking about Mike Lee? If he wasn't talking about Mike Lee and the greatness of Mike Lee, I'm certain that Mike Lee wasn't listening and instead posting on twitter.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

          Comment

          • MartyFunkhouser
            Disciple of RNGesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 18756

            #65
            This is what I learned from General Conference last weekend:

            1) I am completely disconnected now from the ex-Mo world because I don't know a damn thing about the big controversy that I'm assuming happened.
            2) I got zero nice text messages.

            On Monday though, I did have an interaction with a missionary. I was getting groceries out of the car. He saw me as he was riding by on his bike and asked if I needed help. I politely told him no thank you. I don't know if his actions were motivated by anything that happened this weekend.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment

            Working...