No announcement yet.

I don't really know how to introduce this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After being sorely vexed by Jackson Pollock's work, I really appreciate someone who throws me a friggin' bone.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• To those who scoff or wish to trivialize this painting, I challenge you… I DARE YOU… study the links of the various symbols and metaphors that you see. There are over 60 in the painting. No person can analyze this image and learn about these facts and still, in good conscience, vote for Obama in 2012.

I do not hate Obama, but I hate the fact that I had to paint this picture. Has the painting gone too far? I knew when I did this that most Obama supporters would reject what I have done. But as a Conservative, I’m fed up with the corruption in Washington. And I’m sick of the political correctness that has derailed our country!

My art is an expression of the times in which I live and people will know how Jon McNaughton felt about being alive in America in 2012.

Take the Challenge! If you still choose Obama, congratulations…you’re a part of the Obamanation.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I can't decide which metaphor is my favorite.

Maybe the soldier eating gay-wedding cake.

Or perhaps the illegal immigrants fleeing the Arizona flag for the Mexican.

It's not a great image, but the glowing commentary associated with the Hosni Mubarak portrait brought an LOL out of me. Especially when it mentions the "Shaw" of Iran.

Is that Brian (the LA Laker), or George Bernard?
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• To those who scoff or wish to trivialize this painting, I challenge you… I DARE YOU… study the links of the various symbols and metaphors that you see. There are over 60 in the painting. No person can analyze this image and learn about these facts and still, in good conscience, vote for Obama in 2012.
          Must...stop...looking at picture...I want to vote for Obama....but his metaphors and symbols are so powerful and convincing....
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post

It's not a great image, but the glowing commentary associated with the Hosni Mubarak portrait brought an LOL out of me. Especially when it mentions the "Shaw" of Iran.

I got a kick out of the autographed football and, in what I can only assume is a channeling of his inner WALL-E, the tiny green plant emerging from the crack in the pavement.....HOPE! (irony of the "hope" metaphor aside, of course)

sigpic

Comment

I think the metaphor of Jeremiah Wright as a gigantic cock is my personal favorite.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

He uses metaphor in the same way a drunk 800 pound gorilla uses a conductor's baton to lead an orchestra.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I got a kick out of the autographed football and, in what I can only assume is a channeling of his inner WALL-E, the tiny green plant emerging from the crack in the pavement.....HOPE! (irony of the "hope" metaphor aside, of course)
                  Good catch. i missed the plant. I'll bet it's also a marijuana plant to symbolize those legalizing hippie libs.
                  "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                  -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    He uses metaphor in the same way a drunk 800 pound gorilla uses a conductor's baton to lead an orchestra.
                    I respectfully disagree. I think he is a master of subtlety.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      I have a real problem with this painting.

If the golf bag is leaning right, the club heads would automatically fall to the right as well. There is no way the club heads would be pointing up hill. The irons are too elongated, they should be more balanced. The driver head and the 3 and 5 wood heads as all the same size. The driver head should be twice the size of the 5 wood. There's also only 11 clubs in the bag, Obama is the kind of guy that would carry 15 clubs. If the artist/painter is going to fudge the details on this spotlight, what other details is he making up as he goes along.

Fraud. - The guy's not a golfer. I don't trust people that don't recreate like me.
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-31-2012, 10:18 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I like Dmitry Medvedev's ear horn and the scowling Abe Lincoln portrait.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          I have a real problem with this painting.

If the golf bag is leaning right, the club heads would automatically fall to the right as well. There is no way the club heads would be pointing up hill. The irons are too elongated, they should be more balanced. The driver head and the 3 and 5 wood heads as all the same size. The driver head should be twice the size of the 5 wood.
                          It's a metaphor. I dare you to study it.

Comment

• Mitt looks like Will Ferrell.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              It's a metaphor. I dare you to study it.
                              I've talked about my ADHD problem a couple of times. Are you making fun of me? Daring me to do something you know I'm not capable of... And I counter your dare with an invitation to study the subtlety of golf humor, and the effects of gravity on stationary objects.
                              Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                                damn he's good.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X