I don't really know how to introduce this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    McNaughton could learn a thing or two from this guy about subtlety.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...rtrait/386558/

This is in the National Portrait Gallery, btw.
    And so the Clintons hate the portrait. They want it removed from the National Portrait Gallery. They're putting a lot of pressure on them.
    Maybe the artist wants Sean Hannity to drop six figures on his painting too.

If I was Bill I would want the Lady Killer portrait.. That is a much better picture.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Maybe the artist wants Sean Hannity to drop six figures on his painting too.

If I was Bill I would want the Lady Killer portrait.. That is a much better picture.

Totally agree. That whole series is great.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• And this bad*ss one for Ronnie...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This makes my head hurt. First, Reagan was left-handed. Second, this looks like a rebranded 1968 GT500 (note the snake on the side). The GT500, like every car that does not want to kill its driver, uses heavy laminated glass for the front windshield. You're not punching through that thing, or even shooting through it (a very bad idea if you value your hearing), you're punching it out. Third, the sign said No Trespassing. That means a property owner has gone to some trouble to try and exercise his property rights, and the hero of the Republicans, Mr. Ronnie Ray-Gun himself, is shown running roughshod all over those rights.

Fifth - his right hand is sticking through the window. His left is sitting on the window. Who's driving?

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
            This makes my head hurt. First, Reagan was left-handed. Second, this looks like a rebranded 1968 GT500 (note the snake on the side). The GT500, like every car that does not want to kill its driver, uses heavy laminated glass for the front windshield. You're not punching through that thing, or even shooting through it (a very bad idea if you value your hearing), you're punching it out. Third, the sign said No Trespassing. That means a property owner has gone to some trouble to try and exercise his property rights, and the hero of the Republicans, Mr. Ronnie Ray-Gun himself, is shown running roughshod all over those rights.

Fifth - his right hand is sticking through the window. His left is sitting on the window. Who's driving?
            Bonzo...

5931424603_3471415404.jpg

You forgot to mention the "Star Wars" bumper sticker.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

McNaughton could learn a thing or two from this guy about subtlety.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...rtrait/386558/

This is in the National Portrait Gallery, btw.
              That is absolutely great.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Who's driving?
                jesus-at-the-wheel.jpg
                Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

This makes my head hurt. First, Reagan was left-handed. Second, this looks like a rebranded 1968 GT500 (note the snake on the side). The GT500, like every car that does not want to kill its driver, uses heavy laminated glass for the front windshield. You're not punching through that thing, or even shooting through it (a very bad idea if you value your hearing), you're punching it out. Third, the sign said No Trespassing. That means a property owner has gone to some trouble to try and exercise his property rights, and the hero of the Republicans, Mr. Ronnie Ray-Gun himself, is shown running roughshod all over those rights.

Communist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    What an awful grip, Mr. Obama. I love that McNaughton nailed the pleated khaki shorts, though.
                    One has to assume that the belt is braided.
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

The sign was probably posted on some national park or BLM land. Ronnie's just givin' it back to 'We the people!'
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

I love how McNaughton always finds a way to make Obama look a little blacker than he really is.
                        While golfing in pleated khakis?
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          While golfing in pleated khakis?
                          Straigh BET Obama.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• What a bunch of humorless scolds. That golf picture is hilarious. I'm telling you that McNaughton is in on the joke and the golf painting just certifies that.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• NEW MCNAUGHTON!

http://www.jonmcnaughton.com/seperat...rch-and-state/ [sic]

separation-of-church-state-cat.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X