I don't really know how to introduce this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    What type of friends do you guys have? I treat all my friends as if they are children.
    I am your friend and thus you may treat me as a child. When may I have my inheritance?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I knew a guy that grew up in a family like this. They had 13 kids and had adopted 4 for a total of 17. Father was a surgeon and was loaded, but told everyone that they are out of the house at 18 and don't expect a dime for education or anything. Everything was going to charity when he died. Those kids were all quite successful too, but that seems messed up.
      Perhaps. But if he gave them motivation to do well and to live independently as opposed to the general charity of parents, maybe he has a point to a point.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I knew a guy that grew up in a family like this. They had 13 kids and had adopted 4 for a total of 17. Father was a surgeon and was loaded, but told everyone that they are out of the house at 18 and don't expect a dime for education or anything. Everything was going to charity when he died. Those kids were all quite successful too, but that seems messed up.
        From Michigan?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
          From Michigan?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
          Nope. Utah.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Share the link with my wife.. Her comment to me was. Some good points and others borderline psychotic.. Letting a 5 year old fly alone. SERIOUS?!?!?!!!

Comment

• Here's an interesting commentary on McNaughton:

http://bycommonconsent.files.wordpre...n_fold_in1.png
              "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

• I think a lot of what that guy with the 12 kids says is great advice. Discipline is great for kids and helping adult kids with money is a slippery slope.

Gotta say I'm having a hard time believing that 12 kids have NEVER had a speeding ticket. I consider myself a pretty damn safe and cautious driver and had two tickets as a teenager and another in my 20s -- so if I were this guy's typical kid then his bad parenting would be responsible for 36 speeding tickets.

Some people are just blessed with good kids and/or too clueless to know when they don't have good kids. But people with one or more really messed up kids didn't necessarily do anything wrong, that's where people go wrong with their thinking sometimes.

Comment

• Eh. It's getting kind of old. He needs to ramp up the symbolism a notch.

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/Zoo...elLiberty.html

But I did find Satan!!!
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• This showed up on CB today. Is it new?

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/Zoo...acredFire.html
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                      This showed up on CB today. Is it new?

http://jonmcnaughton.com/content/Zoo...acredFire.html
                      We discussed it a few pages back.

Comment

• 971136_10151792422198653_1592758240_n.jpg

I think Obama has terrible form in his bow hand. I wish McNaughton would have painted it better.

But then again, maybe it is rife with symbolism!!!
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4369[/ATTACH]

I think Obama has terrible form in his bow hand. I wish McNaughton would have painted it better.

It just goes to show that Obama's violin form is as bad as his baseball throwing motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4369[/ATTACH]

Obama/Nero fiddles while America/Rome burns.

Just like always, subtle as a sledge hammer.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I didn't realize Rome had a Capitol Building-type structure, and I certainly didn't know that Nero was black.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Obama/Nero fiddles while America/Rome burns.

Just like always, subtle as a sledge hammer.
                                I'm starting to see it....yep, there it is.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X