Dinosaurs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #16
    Originally posted by Borg View Post
    Ok...so, what is your explanation of dinosaurs as it relates to the gospel?

    What are they, where did they come from, how do you explain the differences in their carbon dated ages and the scriptural reference to the age of the earth?
    1. I don't believe the Bible states or attempts to state the age of the earth.

    2. My opinion is that the Garden of Eve was a limited geographic region where no death happened. Outside the garden, everything went on its merry way.

    3. There no indication when in the earth's history Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden.

    4. Dinosaurs were put on their earth so that they would produce the fuel to facilitate the travel of our jet-setting GA fatcats that make $600K a year.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • Green Lantern
      Has overcome great fear
      • Aug 2009
      • 2289

      #17
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post

      4. Dinosaurs were put on their earth so that they would produce the fuel to facilitate the travel of our jet-setting GA fatcats that make $600K a year.
      A very effective example of "thread synergy." Kudos!
      Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

      None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

      I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

      --Portland Ute

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #18
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        1. I don't believe the Bible states or attempts to state the age of the earth.

        2. My opinion is that the Garden of Eve was a limited geographic region where no death happened. Outside the garden, everything went on its merry way.

        3. There no indication when in the earth's history Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden.

        4. Dinosaurs were put on their earth so that they would produce the fuel to facilitate the travel of our jet-setting GA fatcats that make $600K a year.
        Yeah, I'll go with this answer, more or less.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #19
          I have watched some of the TV shows about Dinosaurs. I find them interesting.

          Seems to me the most popular theory for their extinction is the astroid.

          What puzzles me is I also see shows about some awfully big honkers swimming around in the ocean that are also extinct. How did the astroid affect them. Anyone hear what the theory is as to why the big fish went extinct.

          Comment

          • Fiyero
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 5266

            #20
            Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            I think you're joking here, but it sounds an awful lot what Fiyero is implying is the explanation. Maybe he's joking too.
            Actually, my explanation was brilliant considering that I'm the 12th most knowledgeable CUF member regarding the spirit.

            Do you have a different theory?

            Comment

            • Solon
              Lost in the flood
              • Nov 2008
              • 5747

              #21
              Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              2. My opinion is that the Garden of Eve
              Typical of the New Indy Coug, this is funny. We all know who didn't wear the pants in the Adam-Eve household.

              The answer to the dinosaur question is provided at the Creation Museum. (first show)
              The Creation Museum has a variety of events to enhance your visit. Experience daily presentations, concerts, conferences, special events, and more.


              I once looked into visiting the museum when I was down YOhio's way, but it was too expensive ($22 for adults).
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #22
                Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                I think you're joking here, but it sounds an awful lot what Fiyero is implying is the explanation. Maybe he's joking too.
                I'm joking, but now I'm not sure fiyero is.

                Comment

                • Green Lantern
                  Has overcome great fear
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 2289

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  Typical of the New Indy Coug, this is funny. We all know who didn't wear the pants in the Adam-Eve household.

                  The answer to the dinosaur question is provided at the Creation Museum. (first show)
                  The Creation Museum has a variety of events to enhance your visit. Experience daily presentations, concerts, conferences, special events, and more.


                  I once looked into visiting the museum when I was down YOhio's way, but it was too expensive ($22 for adults).
                  Now, is there only one of these? Or are there others? It's my understanding that one of them actually has a sculpture of people riding on a dinosaur.
                  Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                  None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                  I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                  --Portland Ute

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Solon View Post
                    Typical of the New Indy Coug, this is funny. We all know who didn't wear the pants in the Adam-Eve household.

                    The answer to the dinosaur question is provided at the Creation Museum. (first show)
                    The Creation Museum has a variety of events to enhance your visit. Experience daily presentations, concerts, conferences, special events, and more.


                    I once looked into visiting the museum when I was down YOhio's way, but it was too expensive ($22 for adults).
                    That is a pretty funny Freudian slip. That was purely unintentional.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      1. I don't believe the Bible states or attempts to state the age of the earth.

                      2. My opinion is that the Garden of Eve was a limited geographic region where no death happened. Outside the garden, everything went on its merry way.

                      3. There no indication when in the earth's history Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden.

                      4. Dinosaurs were put on their earth so that they would produce the fuel to facilitate the travel of our jet-setting GA fatcats that make $600K a year.
                      I also more or less go with this answer. I'm grappling with the evolution of human beings right now. Indy or others: serious question, if you take this model, are there other humans outside the garden at the time Adam and Eve are placed in the garden? Does it matter?

                      Comment

                      • SCcoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7625

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Borg View Post
                        What are they, where did they come from, how do you explain the differences in their carbon dated ages and the scriptural reference to the age of the earth?
                        People use carbon dating for shorthand of all radiometric dating but carbon dating can only be used to date thing up to around 50,000 years old. Geologists use other methods for dating fossils.

                        Comment

                        • SoCalCoug
                          Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5214

                          #27
                          What are you talking about? Dinosaurs are still around. We call them birds.
                          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                          "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                          "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #28
                            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            I also more or less go with this answer. I'm grappling with the evolution of human beings right now. Indy or others: serious question, if you take this model, are there other humans outside the garden at the time Adam and Eve are placed in the garden? Does it matter?
                            For Pre-Adamites see Nibley.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Pheidippides
                              Liberal Feminazi
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14759

                              #29
                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              I also more or less go with this answer. I'm grappling with the evolution of human beings right now. Indy or others: serious question, if you take this model, are there other humans outside the garden at the time Adam and Eve are placed in the garden? Does it matter?
                              My answers are "don't know but wouldn't be surprised" and "no," respectively.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                              Comment

                              • SCcoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7625

                                #30
                                Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                I also more or less go with this answer. I'm grappling with the evolution of human beings right now. Indy or others: serious question, if you take this model, are there other humans outside the garden at the time Adam and Eve are placed in the garden? Does it matter?
                                FWIW, Talmage believed in what he called "pre-Adamites". How literally do you take other parts of the creation story?

                                Comment

                                Working...