The Official Breakfast Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #16
    I had a Chobani Blood Orange Greek Yogurt today followed by two Wasa light rye crispbread crackers.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #17
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Great thread idea!

      I love breakfast food for any meal. I eat breakfast every day, having gained a testimony that skipping breakfast is bad for you.

      Speaking of bad for you......chorizo, egg, and bean burritos for breakfast. heck yeah! I think I will make some this weekend.

      On a work day I normally eat peanut butter on pita or some sort of carb, shake, banana or apple or berries. I never seem to get tired of it. If I make steel cut oats one night, I will eat those instead for the next few days. I love all of that stuff. I almost never eat cold cereal anymore. I used to love cold cereal but now I think it is mostly a huge w.a.s.t.e. of time.
      You must be doing it wrong. Cold cereal takes about one minute to make and eat.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69695

        #18
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I had a Chobani Blood Orange Greek Yogurt today followed by two Wasa light rye crispbread crackers.
        Chobani is great.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • hostile
          lollygagger
          • Dec 2009
          • 5736

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Great thread idea!

          I love breakfast food for any meal. I eat breakfast every day, having gained a testimony that skipping breakfast is bad for you.

          Speaking of bad for you......chorizo, egg, and bean burritos for breakfast. heck yeah! I think I will make some this weekend.

          I made these last Saturday. MMMMM!!!! I used pork chorizo but the store also had beef - any difference in taste between the two?

          Usual breakfast for me is oatmeal/fruit. If I have time, I'll make a protein/fruit/oatmeal smoothie.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

          "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            Originally posted by hostile View Post
            I made these last Saturday. MMMMM!!!! I used pork chorizo but the store also had beef - any difference in taste between the two?

            Usual breakfast for me is oatmeal/fruit. If I have time, I'll make a protein/fruit/oatmeal smoothie.
            I prefer pig jowls and lymph nodes to cow jowls and lymph nodes.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Eddie
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 8098

              #21
              Breakfast foods are some of my favorite - but I don't like to take a lot of time to eat in the morning.

              Most mornings are PB and honey on toast with just water to drink. Now and then I'll cook an egg solid in the microwave and put it on a toasted english muffin with Canadian bacon and some mustard.

              On weekends or when we have "breakfast for dinner" - waffles are my favorite. I also like over-medium eggs with toast to wipe the runny yolk in, hash browns of nearly any sort - some crispiness is better than none, omelets that are packed full of stuff and covered with salsa, and no perfect breakfast would be complete without bacon. Crispy - but not to the point that it crumbles. I like a little bit of chewy to it.

              Comment

              • Flystripper
                Degenerate Gambler
                • Nov 2008
                • 14089

                #22
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I prefer pig jowls and lymph nodes to cow jowls and lymph nodes.
                I knowingly ate pig face the the other day for the first time. I am certain I have eaten it before as part of some sausage product, but it was way better this time around.

                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #23
                  Nothing beats Old Faithful: large pancakes, real butter, real maple syrup.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • FN Phat
                    I ♥ gateway sex
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 8691

                    #24
                    Sweetbreads and eggs

                    I'm your huckleberry.


                    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #25
                      Steel cut oats = winner. My kids "accidentally" dumped some wheat berries in the oats and they are even better. Stick them in my zojirushi on porridge the night before, add a bit of honey or real maple syrup in a bowl next morning, enjoy. Breakfast of champions, wheaties be damned.

                      I did have pancakes this morning, though.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • Tim
                        Not Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4390

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        This is where I would eat breakfast every day if I could. We go here for brunch on the weekends sometimes...

                        Serving fresh, seasonal Breakfast and Brunch food in a unique way in Wicker Park.


                        The winter breakfast menu looks delish. I will need to go soon.

                        http://www.thebongoroom.com/BongoBreakfast.pdf
                        My wife loves that place. We're planning on going there when we're in Chicago in October.
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

                        Comment

                        • EuropeanFootballMale
                          Karate/Friendship Master
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 1339

                          #27
                          Originally posted by camleish View Post
                          i wish. headaches every morning.
                          Do you know what your blood pressure is?
                          I used to wake up with wicked headaches a few times a week. I thought I had some sort of migraine or something. Then I found out I had really high BP and since I treated that it hasn't happened once.

                          Comment

                          • hostile
                            lollygagger
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5736

                            #28
                            Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                            Steel cut oats = winner. My kids "accidentally" dumped some wheat berries in the oats and they are even better. Stick them in my zojirushi on porridge the night before, add a bit of honey or real maple syrup in a bowl next morning, enjoy. Breakfast of champions, wheaties be damned.

                            I did have pancakes this morning, though.
                            I put uncooked steel-cut oats in my smoothies, gives them a bit of texture. Our Costco now has Red Mill steel-cut oats.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                            Comment

                            • Portland Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 5647

                              #29
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              I prefer pig jowls and lymph nodes to cow jowls and lymph nodes.
                              When you put it that way...


                              Comment

                              • filsdepac
                                No pun intended
                                • May 2009
                                • 1823

                                #30
                                Almost every saturday I'll have bacon, fried eggs cooked in some of the fat from that bacon, and sourdough french toast. It makes me very happy.

                                During the week I'll usually have cold cereal or nothing.

                                At a restaurant/diner, my wife has gotten me into corned beef hash.

                                Comment

                                Working...