Cookie Recipes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69718

    #226
    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I made this recipe for neighbor gifts this year, and now several women are aggressively pursuing me for my "Cougarboard Cookie recipe."


    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Q for HuskyFreeNorth: I want my cookies to look more rounded like yours, but they are much flatter. Do you measure your flour by the dipping method? Do you use more flour than called for? My rolled balls of dough look exactly like dog poo.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69718

      #227
      First of all, make sure you are following the recipe exactly w.r.t. ingredients, especially the shortening/butter quantities. Also, try a little bit smaller balls (h/t to DDD), and try tweaking the amount of flour you use. Just a little more flower might make then not so flat.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #228
        I use the exact amounts of each ingredient the recipie calls for, I roll each dough into a ball just larger than a bouncy ball and shake them in a small Tupperware (non-brand specific) container filled with sugar until the ball is coated all around.

        Don't let the Duderino be upset at you for asking me. I do an awesome job at making these.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #229
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post




          I don't mind KateLied calling me HuskyFreeNorth, no reason for the multiple "wuap's".
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #230
            This thread got in my head so I busted out a batch of these this afternoon. They were mighty fine w some milk until I remembered about my lactose intolerance. Whoops.

            Sidenote- this recipe turns out a mountain of cookies. Looks like I'm sharing tomorrow @ work.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Katy Lied
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 9435

              #231
              Sorry, but I was using the term "Cougarboard" to mean "chat-web-site-related-mostly-to-BYU-sports-but-also-lots-else." Like, generically. Because no matter how much I clarify to my husband/ladies of the relief society, they all call it cougarboard. My husband only realized last month that there were Utah fans on CS.

              HFN: Do you shake your balls one at a time in the sugar? Or do you put all your balls in together?

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21143

                #232
                Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Sorry, but I was using the term "Cougarboard" to mean "chat-web-site-related-mostly-to-BYU-sports-but-also-lots-else." Like, generically. Because no matter how much I clarify to my husband/ladies of the relief society, they all call it cougarboard. My husband only realized last month that there were Utah fans on CS.

                HFN: Do you shake your balls one at a time in the sugar? Or do you put all your balls in together?
                HFN: Please tell us all about your ball-shaking rituals.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #233
                  Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

                  HFN: Do you shake your balls one at a time in the sugar? Or do you put all your balls in together?
                  Thats a pretty personal question. And how many does HFN have, anyway?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25268

                    #234
                    Shake it once, that's fine
                    Shake it twice, that's okay
                    Shake it three times, you're playing with yourself again
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69718

                      #235
                      KL, FWIW I have found that HFN is far more likely to answer questions like this via Snapchat.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Katy Lied
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 9435

                        #236
                        I'm just hoping that he doesn't do it one ball at a time. That is a lot of extra work. Those tupperware lids are hard to put on and take off.

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #237
                          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          I'm just hoping that he doesn't do it one ball at a time. That is a lot of extra work. Those tupperware lids are hard to put on and take off.
                          You don't put the lid on, just drop your ball into the sugar and give it a couple little flips. I do 3-4 balls at a time, when I first started I'd go one ball at a time but I've gotten more experienced. Also, I don't snapchat, slide into the DMs like...
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37988

                            #238
                            Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            This thread got in my head so I busted out a batch of these this afternoon. They were mighty fine w some milk until I remembered about my lactose intolerance. Whoops.

                            Sidenote- this recipe turns out a mountain of cookies. Looks like I'm sharing tomorrow @ work.
                            Sabbath breaker! We know you didn't just have some molasses on hand. I do, but only to make these cookies.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #239
                              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              Sorry, but I was using the term "Cougarboard" to mean "chat-web-site-related-mostly-to-BYU-sports-but-also-lots-else." Like, generically. Because no matter how much I clarify to my husband/ladies of the relief society, they all call it cougarboard. My husband only realized last month that there were Utah fans on CS.

                              HFN: Do you shake your balls one at a time in the sugar? Or do you put all your balls in together?
                              Overruled. Way too blatant to be an accident. Stop trying so hard.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #240
                                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Sabbath breaker! We know you didn't just have some molasses on hand. I do, but only to make these cookies.
                                Guilty- the plot twist, however, is that it was butter I didn't have on hand.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...