Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Portland Ute
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 5647

    #121
    Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
    Yes! Ruth's! Definitely a fun place to go eat. It is so beautiful up that Emm. Canyon.

    Not in SLC, but can I get witness for Maddox in Brigham City?
    Other than their rolls, I find Maddox to be very overrated.

    Sorry.

    I'll catch the place on the way to Logan to watch the Utes play USU, but otherwise, I wouldn't make the drive.

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #122
      As soon as this Utah/TCU hoops game ends, here's where you'll find me:

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #123
        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        As soon as this Utah/TCU hoops game ends, here's where you'll find me:

        I don't care what anyone says, I love that place.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37996

          #124
          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          I don't care what anyone says, I love that place.
          For once, you and I agree on something.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Hot Lunch
            Out of Office
            • Nov 2008
            • 7842

            #125
            Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post

            Not in SLC, but can I get witness for Maddox in Brigham City?
            I don't think Maddox is a good as it used to be. My grandparents lived in Logan and we used to go there often. Still good but it was definitely better IMO about 10 years ago.
            "Take it to the Bank"

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #126
              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
              As soon as this Utah/TCU hoops game ends, here's where you'll find me:

              This causes me physical pain.

              Comment

              • SuperGabers
                aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                • May 2009
                • 2182

                #127
                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                This causes me physical pain.
                Why? Because of the shame of pineapple and ham, in your opinion?

                Comment

                • UtahDan
                  *
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14496

                  #128
                  Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                  Why? Because of the shame of pineapple and ham, in your opinion?
                  No, it has been so long since I have eaten at The Pie. Ah for the days when we lived only a block from there.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69742

                    #129
                    Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                    No, it has been so long since I have eaten at The Pie. Ah for the days when we lived only a block from there.
                    Yeah, but think of the calories you are avoiding.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #130
                      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      I don't care what anyone says, I love that place.
                      The Pie is not my favorite pizza joint (that honor belongs to a greasy hole-in-the-wall in NYC) but it does get the nikuman seal of approval, at least based on my first and only time there.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #131
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        For once, you and I agree on something.
                        Oh, nonsense. We agree on many things, such as your status as a warthog-faced buffoon.

                        And UD, it's good to be far from The Pie. I love going there on rare occasions (especially after a game) but if I lived nearby and ate there often I'd be wearing that cheese on my gut.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • FMCoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6825

                          #132
                          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          The Pie is not my favorite pizza joint (that honor belongs to a greasy hole-in-the-wall in NYC) but it does get the nikuman seal of approval, at least based on my first and only time there.
                          Agreed. The "too greasy" or "too much cheese" statements crack me up. It's Pizza. It's not health food folks.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                          Comment

                          • SuperGabers
                            aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                            • May 2009
                            • 2182

                            #133
                            "The Dodo" in Sugarhouse. Someone please back me up here... I am batting 0 for 3....

                            Comment

                            • Pheidippides
                              Liberal Feminazi
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14759

                              #134
                              Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                              Agreed. The "too greasy" or "too much cheese" statements crack me up. It's Pizza. It's not health food folks.
                              I think that's a stylistic thing based on proximity to California, where the pizza styles tend towards the gourmet. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and California-style definitely has a place in my culinary world. But it's a time-honored tradition in NYC to grab a few napkins to sop up the extra grease from the cheese/pepperoni when you get your slice (also, folding said slice in half to eat).
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                              Comment

                              • UtahDan
                                *
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14496

                                #135
                                Super and I also used to like to go to Cafe Pierpont. Apparently it is no more. I loved their shrimp fajitas!

                                Comment

                                Working...