Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #241
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    [color="purple""]What a dumb, hyperbolic essay. If Swift refuses to apologize, it will give me something to like about her. Unfortunately, she'll likely bend over backwards apologizing. [/color]
    That was awful to read. When I read stuff like this, and I'm generally predisposed since Katrina to listening with receptive ears to the marginalized, I just hear the line "If you go carryin' pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow" in my head. Write a damned letter to Taylor Swift if you're that offended. This is little more than some sophomore's spirited party critique. .
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18029

      #242
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      As a feminist how does your daughter feel about Swifty's boobs?
      Funny you should ask. I thought it would be freaking hilarious if I told her I like her music, but I just wish she had bigger boobs....

      Count my daughter as one more feminist who has no sense of humor!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69718

        #243
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        That was awful to read. When I read stuff like this, and I'm generally predisposed since Katrina to listening with receptive ears to the marginalized, I just hear the line "If you go carryin' pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow" in my head. Write a damned letter to Taylor Swift if you're that offended. This is little more than some sophomore's spirited party critique. .
        Preach it, Soul Plumber!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #244
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Preach it, Soul Plumber!
          That's Dr. Soul Plumber
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69718

            #245
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            That's Dr. Soul Plumber
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27886

              #246
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              As a feminist how does your daughter feel about Swifty's boobs?
              I'd also like to know how to feel about her boobs
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #247
                I will be about 5 feet from her boobs tomorrow night. I will return and report.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • DrumNFeather
                  Invisible Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8854

                  #248
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I will be about 5 feet from her boobs tomorrow night. I will return and report.
                  If you shake it off more than once or twice, you probably need to chat with your bishop.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                  Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                  Comment

                  • pellegrino
                    miserere me
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 12100

                    #249
                    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I'd also like to know how to feel about her boobs
                    that would definitely settle the controversy.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

                    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                    pelagius

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #250
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I will be about 5 feet from her boobs tomorrow night. I will return and report.
                      Wow, 5 feet from her boobs, 5 feet 1 inch from her torso....you are going to be close!
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Katy Lied
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 9435

                        #251
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Wow, 5 feet from her boobs, 5 feet 1 inch from her torso....you are going to be close!
                        Something's wrong with your calculation, based on your previous criticisms of her body. 5' from her boobs, 4'-10" from her torso.

                        Comment

                        • HBCoug
                          Peanut Gallery Asshat
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 2082

                          #252
                          If anybody has or knows of someone who has tickets they're looking to sell for tomorrow night's show, lemme know. Online options are ridic -- may still have to bite the bullet at some point.

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #253
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            I'd also like to know how to feel about her boobs
                            With your hands.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            • Eddie
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 8098

                              #254
                              Does this mean we can all hate Robert Redford for that horrible African colonial film he was in?

                              Sorry - can't hate Ghost and the Darkness. Actually...not sorry.

                              I don't know any other African colonial era films to determine who else I should hate on.

                              I do like TSwift. I think she knows how to write a catchy toon and concur with all those who believe she is bound to have ongoing success now that mpfunk has confirmed that he doesn't like her.

                              Did we ever get a confirmation that Kane is sleeping with Timberlake...not that there's anything wrong with that.

                              Comment

                              • Levin
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 1152

                                #255
                                Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                                If anybody has or knows of someone who has tickets they're looking to sell for tomorrow night's show, lemme know. Online options are ridic -- may still have to bite the bullet at some point.

                                My family has seen her 1989 show in Koln, Germany; Washington, D.C.; and we have tickets to tomorrow's show in SLC too. But we're being offered $3,000 for our 6 tickets, and I'm thinking of taking the offer. The profit from that transaction would pay for all the other tickets and travel, making the Levin family's T-Swift summer concert adventures free. The show is awesome, by the way. Cool memories with the family.

                                Comment

                                Working...