Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wife and I just finished Sons of Anarchy. She asked, "what's next?" I tried to sell her on The Wire, but she hasn't bitten yet.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      The wife and I just finished Sons of Anarchy. She asked, "what's next?" I tried to sell her on The Wire, but she hasn't bitten yet.
      I am actually finishing up the series right now with one episode left. I have really enjoyed it and loved the character development thru out the series. The characters are very compelling with flashes of good and bad in everyone. There is a lot of swearing... and I mean a lot. I almost didn't make it thru the first few episodes because of it, but glad that I did. The 5th season is not as good as the others. I would rank them from best to worst as follows: 2nd, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 5th.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
        I am actually finishing up the series right now with one episode left. I have really enjoyed it and loved the character development thru out the series. The characters are very compelling with flashes of good and bad in everyone. There is a lot of swearing... and I mean a lot. I almost didn't make it thru the first few episodes because of it, but glad that I did. The 5th season is not as good as the others. I would rank them from best to worst as follows: 2nd, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 5th.
        A fellow second-seasoner! Season 4 is almost universally proclaimed the best season by both critics and viewers, but I still hold to season 2 as my favorite. I think I go 2, 4, 1, 3, 5, but those middle three seasons are pretty much interchangeable for me, and are only barely behind season 2. Season 5, meanwhile, is way behind.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
          Wasn't that show originally on Fx? Can they swear a lot on that channel? You wouldn't like the Wire if swearing is not your thing. Ask D-hole about the Wire, and the greatest scene in television history using nothing but F-bombs.
          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Wasn't that show originally on Fx? Can they swear a lot on that channel? You wouldn't like the Wire if swearing is not your thing. Ask D-hole about the Wire, and the greatest scene in television history using nothing but F-bombs.
            No doubt. FYI, I'm under the impression (although he wasn't particularly clear about it) that Sully was talking about The Wire, not that glorified soap opera SOA.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              No doubt. FYI, I'm under the impression (although he wasn't particularly clear about it) that Sully was talking about The Wire, not that glorified soap opera SOA.
              You are right, I wasn't clear. I was talking about The Wire.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Some of the best detective work around!
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• The Wire:

The other day I was interested in some of the characters of The Wire. Curious to see if they had doen any other work since many of them seemed to not be your typical actor. Sure enough, a few of them are real-time gangsta's.. The chick Snoop (Which is actually her real nickname) did time for murder and was a drug dealer. Got out and changed her life some and opened up a foundation. Omar introduced her to the show.. Unfortunately, she also was busted for selling again. She was born and raised in B-more..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Pearson

The character of Omar is based off a real life "Robinhood" of B-More. In fact Ed Burns (Not to confuse with Edward Burns of SPR) was the guy who arrested him back when he was a Homicide detective for B-more.

Just finished episode 3 of season 5.. Things about to get real interesting I believe...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    The Wire:

The other day I was interested in some of the characters of The Wire. Curious to see if they had doen any other work since many of them seemed to not be your typical actor. Sure enough, a few of them are real-time gangsta's.. The chick Snoop (Which is actually her real nickname) did time for murder and was a drug dealer. Got out and changed her life some and opened up a foundation. Omar introduced her to the show.. Unfortunately, she also was busted for selling again. She was born and raised in B-more..

The character of Omar is based off a real life "Robinhood" of B-More. In fact Ed Burns (Not to confuse with Edward Burns of SPR) was the guy who arrested him back when he was a Homicide detective for B-more.

Just finished episode 3 of season 5.. Things about to get real interesting I believe...
                    Brock you crack me up. Sometimes you post as if you just discovered the internet.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Brock you crack me up. Sometimes you post as if you just discovered the internet.
                      "The internet is my oyster"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Dabrockster lays low on the internet since that new website that allows you to look up personal information about someone else
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Dabrockster lays low on the internet since that new website that allows you to look up personal information about someone else
                          That explains why he hasn't been updating his bridge thread.

Comment

The Wire:

Bubbles was a real addict of course.

Comment

The chick Snoop (Which is actually her real nickname) did time for murder and was a drug dealer. Got out and changed her life some and opened up a foundation.
                              Funny, I had no idea that Snoop was a female until the very end. Her voice was so low and gravelly that I just thought she was a dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                Some people choose whether they're going to spend money on Netflix or Amazon Prime. It's not necessarily between the two shows, but between the two services.

Netflix used to be the clear frontrunner, but Amazon Prime makes a compelling case with the HBO shows (and actually the Cinemax shows Strike Back and Banshee are also available) and a couple good original shows.

Netflix, overall, still has the better original shows between Orange is the New Black and Daredevil. Bloodline wasn't terrible. Netflix also carries the AMC/Sundance shows and Rectify is definitely worth a watch. Sundance recently had Deutschland 83, which was excellent, and that will eventually make its way to Netflix.
                                I'd never heard of Banshee but I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for that. Red Road, which is a Sundance show is great and on Netlifx.

Comment

Working...
                                X