Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #196
    Anyone checked out this year's pilots? They usually pick 2 or 3 of them to go into further production. I really liked the Louis CK produced comedy "One Mississippi" starring Tig Notaro. I also thought "Patriot" had promise. "Highston" had some funny moments and I like the overall premise of a happy but psychotic 19 year old who sees and gets advice from celebrities (Flea and Shaq grace the pilot). The attempt at a Tarantino like western, "Edge" was awful.

    Comment

    • SCcoug
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7625

      #197
      I watched the Patriot pilot and would have watched the rest of a season.

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #198
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        The League is pretty routinely funny, there is a whole wasted season about Rafi that isn't very good though.
        oh boy. i hope you didn't watch last night's animated episode.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8189

          #199
          Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          I watched the Patriot pilot and would have watched the rest of a season.
          I would too. I feel like this one will get a shot.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37975

            #200
            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            Anyone checked out this year's pilots? They usually pick 2 or 3 of them to go into further production. I really liked the Louis CK produced comedy "One Mississippi" starring Tig Notaro. I also thought "Patriot" had promise. "Highston" had some funny moments and I like the overall premise of a happy but psychotic 19 year old who sees and gets advice from celebrities (Flea and Shaq grace the pilot). The attempt at a Tarantino like western, "Edge" was awful.
            I didn't realize it was pilot season already. I feel like the pilot seasons come much faster than the actual shows, like we are owed a couple of series before they start a new pilot season.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Dwight Schr-ute
              Members Only
              • May 2011
              • 4917

              #201
              Has anyone watched Hand of God? I heard an interview with Ron Perlman (Clay Marrow from Sons of Anarchy) who stars and produced? this new series. I finally got around to watching the first episode last night and was curious if anyone recommended continuing.
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #202
                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                oh boy. i hope you didn't watch last night's animated episode.
                I'm about a month behind on all TV at this point.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37975

                  #203
                  Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  Has anyone watched Hand of God? I heard an interview with Ron Perlman (Clay Marrow from Sons of Anarchy) who stars and produced? this new series. I finally got around to watching the first episode last night and was curious if anyone recommended continuing.
                  I watched the pilot is all, but its enough for me to keep going. But I guess that's also what you just did.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • frank ryan
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12351

                    #204
                    Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    Has anyone watched Hand of God? I heard an interview with Ron Perlman (Clay Marrow from Sons of Anarchy) who stars and produced? this new series. I finally got around to watching the first episode last night and was curious if anyone recommended continuing.
                    I enjoyed it. It is pretty strange but I found it pretty compelling.

                    Comment

                    • Dwight Schr-ute
                      Members Only
                      • May 2011
                      • 4917

                      #205
                      Four episodes in and it's been intriguing enough to keep me going. Not sure how long you can drag a story like this along though. Is this a single season deal or are they making Season 2?
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13955

                        #206
                        Alpha House.

                        It's a comedy about four Republican senators who share a living space in D.C.

                        John Goodman plays a former UNC basketball coach turned politician with an unpredictable temper and overbearing wife.
                        Clark Johnson plays a black senator from Pennsylvania who prides himself on his matchmaking abilities, but fails to take care of his own marriage.
                        Matt Mallow plays a Mormon senator from Nevada whose sexuality is not entirely clear.
                        Mark Consuelos is a young senator from Florida slash man whore.

                        Plenty of cheap shots are taken at the Republican party, but there have been several laugh-out-loud moments.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • dabrockster
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 10947

                          #207
                          I really enjoyed Hand of God. It takes some twists that has kept me interested. It's final episode was really good.

                          Just started The Man in the High Castle. First two episodes have been very good and anxious to see what happens in episode 3.

                          Comment

                          • Non Sequitur
                            Where did I put my bodkin
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5773

                            #208
                            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            I really enjoyed Hand of God. It takes some twists that has kept me interested. It's final episode was really good.

                            Just started The Man in the High Castle. First two episodes have been very good and anxious to see what happens in episode 3.
                            I lost interest around the 4th episode.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #209
                              Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              I lost interest around the 4th episode.
                              I mean she's hot, but not ignore-the-plot-holes hot.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18488

                                #210
                                I finished Man in the High Castle last night. I think it got better the more you watched. I think the actor portraying the John Smith character is pretty good.

                                Comment

                                Working...