Lost...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DrumNFeather
    Invisible Swordsman
    • Nov 2008
    • 8854

    #301
    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Well I am not sure there has ever been a more aptly named show.
    Alright, alright, I've let you troll here long enough...now get out!


    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #302
      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      That's not what the island was, people just aren't paying attention.
      Exactly. The parallel was an "after death" place that they had "constructed for themselves so that they could find each other." But what happened on the island was not after death. It never said that. Not sure why any one thinks that.

      I also thought it was a great ending for the reason Boylen said. All of the "reunions" on the other side allowed the characters and audience to really feel how important those relationships had been and to experience the joy of seeing that death was not the end of them. It wasn't an end with some super clever twist, but it was an emotionally satisfying ending.

      Like Boylen, I felt the burning in my bosom a couple of times. I now know that Lost is true.

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #303
        Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        I liked it. I too think the sideways flashes were a purgatory like state. I'm fine with not having every question answered, it was a fun ride nonetheless. I was so convinced that the sideways flashes were going to end up being their new reality that the purgatory idea was a big surprise. I started to have a notion when Locke told Jack "you don't have a son", but for the most part it was quite a shock to me.

        I liked the idea that they could move on when they were aware and ready to move on. I also liked that the church was a place they had made to meet together once they'd all arrived. I thought it was an interesting twist that Ben didn't feel ready to be with the group.

        My only beef with the finale was that they apparently had a budget of less than $100 for the cave of light. That skeleton in there looked ridiculously fake and all the concrete looked like it had been poured a day before they shot.
        I'm pretty much spot on with this. When Locke said that about you don't have a son, that really bothered me, and I figured my theory was wrong at that point.

        I have some beefs with how they ended the show, but I can't complain. The show's always been about the relationships: romance, parent-child, etc. So I think it was fitting and enjoyable that they focused on that in the finale.

        I'll gather my thoughts and post more about what I thought was lacking or inconsistent. But overall, I give the finale a 7 out of 10. And the show overall will go down as my all time favorite.

        Comment

        • scottie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5247

          #304
          I assume the camera pan of the flight wreckage on the island at the end was to confirm that the island was the real time line. Or, was it to show us how Sawyer, Kate, and Claire die in Lepitus' duct taped plane? Or both? They did show a couple of view points, so maybe they were two separate crash sites.

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #305
            Originally posted by scottie View Post
            I assume the camera pan of the flight wreckage on the island at the end was to confirm that the island was the real time line. Or, was it to show us how Sawyer, Kate, and Claire die in Lepitus' duct taped plane? Or both? They did show a couple of view points, so maybe they were two separate crash sites.
            I hadn't thought about it being anymore than just wreckage footage, but you could be right.

            Christian did say that some of the people in the church came before Jack and some "long after." So it's possible that they went on to live long lives...or they could've crashed...up to interpretation.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • Brian
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 2164

              #306
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I'm pretty much spot on with this. When Locke said that about you don't have a son, that really bothered me, and I figured my theory was wrong at that point.
              When did Locke say this? I must have missed that.
              I intend to live forever.
              So far, so good.
              --Steven Wright

              Comment

              • Brian
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 2164

                #307
                Originally posted by scottie View Post
                I assume the camera pan of the flight wreckage on the island at the end was to confirm that the island was the real time line. Or, was it to show us how Sawyer, Kate, and Claire die in Lepitus' duct taped plane? Or both? They did show a couple of view points, so maybe they were two separate crash sites.
                There was also no beach camp site, right? Or am I reading more into this...
                I intend to live forever.
                So far, so good.
                --Steven Wright

                Comment

                • Brian
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2164

                  #308
                  Lots of unanswered questions. But I think I'm okay with this. In the end, this was a story about Jack. And that story was resolved. A lot of the details in our own lives will never be explained. But hopefully in the end, we will all get a hug and a cry with our own personal Christian, and none of it will matter.

                  Was anything on the Island real? When they left the island the first time, did they go to another purgatory like place? Then they all had a need to return to the island for something? Then they were finally ready to die?

                  I'm wondering if everyone died on 815 and then were able to start working through their issues in preparation for moving on.

                  I loved it.
                  I intend to live forever.
                  So far, so good.
                  --Steven Wright

                  Comment

                  • beefytee
                    Board eye candy
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 7542

                    #309
                    Did anyone see the Jimmy Kimmel alternate endings yet?

                    Any good ones that would have been better?

                    I have dvr'ed it,but have yet to watch it.

                    I enjoyed the finale. I was pretty sure it wouldn't try to answer things and there were some twists. There really wasn't a big magical way to end this without doing something like this. It was all about the ride and even last night it was a pretty good one.

                    My wife hated it. She told me that she liked the first few seasons that were more intense/suspenseful and horror movie like. Once it moved away from that, she didn't like it.

                    I thought all the twists were great, with the switch to flash forward and then to flash sideways. It was definitely time to wrap it up though.


                    The one lingering this with me is the bomb they dropped. My memory is fussy, but didn't Juliet appear to Miles and tell him that the bomb worked? How exactly did it work? It looked like it left a big crater and moved them to their present day. That doesn't sound like it worked to me.

                    Comment

                    • Brian
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2164

                      #310
                      Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      The one lingering this with me is the bomb they dropped. My memory is fussy, but didn't Juliet appear to Miles and tell him that the bomb worked? How exactly did it work? It looked like it left a big crater and moved them to their present day. That doesn't sound like it worked to me.
                      pulling the plug made the apollo bar drop out. It worked.
                      I intend to live forever.
                      So far, so good.
                      --Steven Wright

                      Comment

                      • beefytee
                        Board eye candy
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 7542

                        #311
                        Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        When did Locke say this? I must have missed that.
                        It was when Locke was trying to get out of bed and Jack was running off to be with his son at the concert.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #312
                          Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Alright, alright, I've let you troll here long enough...now get out!


                          I'll bow out and let you losties have your fun. At least Jack didn't wake up on the plane in LA and mutter "that was a crazy dream."

                          I will say though that from many of the blogs and readers comments I am seeing lots of people going nuts like they did with Avatar. I had to stop or else my eyes were going to roll out of my head after reading how Lost is challenging some people to rethink everything they thought of the after-life.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Brian
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2164

                            #313
                            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            It was when Locke was trying to get out of bed and Jack was running off to be with his son at the concert.
                            DANG!
                            At that moment, I accidentally hit the remote and it changed channels. It took a few seconds to change back, and I guess we missed that gem......
                            I intend to live forever.
                            So far, so good.
                            --Steven Wright

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #314
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I'll bow out and let you losties have your fun. At least Jack didn't wake up on the plane in LA and mutter "that was a crazy dream."

                              I will say though that from many of the blogs and readers comments I am seeing lots of people going nuts like they did with Avatar. I had to stop or else my eyes were going to roll out of my head after reading how Lost is challenging some people to rethink everything they thought of the after-life.
                              Haha, most of what I've read on FB and other outlets has been negative. Not sure what people expected, but oh well. It's a TV show.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #315
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Truth be told, I didn't watch. I am just going off what I've been reading today from the critics. So everyone died eventually and LA was purgatory? Cool.

                                I gave up when the black smoke appeared. When was that, season 2? Any way then my wife told me that was a person or something.


                                Then I rejoiced at my wise decision making.

                                Comment

                                Working...