The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    What about Mr Boogity? Loved that as a kid.
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Merry Christmas!

Is there a line in there where they refer to him as hamburger face? Trying to remember if it was in the script or from one of the viewers at home.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• After reading multiple recommendations here, I'm 5 episodes into Ozark. Some very strong individual performances led by Bateman and Linney with Esai Morales making the most of each appearance. Others don't seem quite right, for instance the Machiavellian FBI agent with the flat affect. He seems to have Kyle MacLachlan's Dale Cooper in mind as his inspiration, and it left me feeling like the character wandered onto the set from the wrong show. Some of the locals are a bit over the top hick too, in the same way that Justified sometimes had cartoonish locals, but overall the show is quite good. Doesn't rise to the level of a BB, BCS or Fargo etc... but is well worth watching for Bateman's performance alone.
      Last edited by SteelBlue; 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• I guess the Defenders is now streaming?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ryan Hamilton Stand-up Comedy!

Comment

• Atypical was funny

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Narcos Season 3 just opened up!!!

Binge city!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• "The Wave" is an excellent disaster movie, much smarter than the average disaster fare. It's about a town in one of the Norwegian fjords and the consequence of rockslides there, which is a real problem in Norway. English subtitles.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Narcos casting calls:

Season 1- "Pablo Escobar's mother. Matronly but ruthless, should show a direct character line to Pablo's nature. Oh yeah, must look like Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie."

Season 3- "Miguel Rodriguez. Must show calm and confidence initially, but gradually reveals a bloody, sinister character over time. Accordingly, he must look exactly like Roger Staubach."
                  Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 09-04-2017, 10:34 PM.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Icarus: The Russian Doping Program Documentary.

It is crazy to look back and see what took place and what this Director (Bryan Fogel) was able to get in "Real-time".

And it became even more clear how much Russia does to get away with their cheating ways by having all the athletes approved by the IOC to compete in Rio. Vast Global connections and money will buy off even the IOC (We all m ow it is a joke and about money).

However, it is nice to look back now and see how Russia athletes have recently failed and hopefully will continue to fail now that the light has shown on them. It makes the recent win by USA Wrestling at the World's that much more filling. Watching what many considered to be the pound for pound best wrestler in the world from Russia get beat by a young wrestler still in College (Kyle Snyder).

Such an eye opening documentary into the doping world of Russia.

Comment

• Confession Tapes, another true crime series from Netflix. Much better than the stupid nun show. Unlike Steve Avery, these people may actually be innocent like the teenage kid from the Making a Murderer.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Ryan Hamilton Stand-up Comedy!
                        my wife and I watched tonight. It was surprisingly funny. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          American Vandals.

#whodrewthedicks

Ummmmmm.. Netflix is trolling its own creation. Priceless..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-satire-series

https://youtu.be/m3tkFOtM6go

I've seen two and a half episodes. It's brilliant. Could not stop laughing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                            I've seen two and a half episodes. It's brilliant. Could not stop laughing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                            Finished this masterpiece.. Hilariously good!

Comment

• Ryan Hamilton me too

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                Finished this masterpiece.. Hilariously good!

Maybe the best original Netflix show I've seen. Very well put together.

Comment

Working...
                                X