No announcement yet.

The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix is going all in on stand-up comedy, I guess. There is some great stuff online-- I just finished Ari Shaffir-- wayyy funnier than I thought it was going to be. Highly recommended.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Netflix is going all in on stand-up comedy, I guess. There is some great stuff online-- I just finished Ari Shaffir-- wayyy funnier than I thought it was going to be. Highly recommended.
      It seems like outside of 3-5 of the real top comedians, the cost to Netflix get one of these stand up specials online compared to other original content that has to seem almost like getting it for free.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        It seems like outside of 3-5 of the real top comedians, the cost to Netflix get one of these stand up specials online compared to other original content that has to seem almost like getting it for free.
        They gave Dave Chappell all the money.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Just burned through Ozark. Folks compare it to Breaking Bad for the general trajectory, and I definitely see the obvious comparisons, but this show is dark. Way darker than BB, but also pretty fun. Jason Bateman is awesome in everything he does and really comes off like a good guy even though he's objectively not the greatest guy here. He's no WW and I think that's intentional. The pacing is way slower and, with hour-long episodes, it's harder to binge. It's a fun show, but if BB is an A+ this is probably a B or a B-.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Just burned through Ozark. Folks compare it to Breaking Bad for the general trajectory, and I definitely see the obvious comparisons, but this show is dark. Way darker than BB, but also pretty fun. Jason Bateman is awesome in everything he does and really comes off like a good guy even though he's objectively not the greatest guy here. He's no WW and I think that's intentional. The pacing is way slower and, with hour-long episodes, it's harder to binge. It's a fun show, but if BB is an A+ this is probably a B or a B-.
            Too much good tv. I had never even heard of this.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Just burned through Ozark. Folks compare it to Breaking Bad for the general trajectory, and I definitely see the obvious comparisons, but this show is dark. Way darker than BB, but also pretty fun. Jason Bateman is awesome in everything he does and really comes off like a good guy even though he's objectively not the greatest guy here. He's no WW and I think that's intentional. The pacing is way slower and, with hour-long episodes, it's harder to binge. It's a fun show, but if BB is an A+ this is probably a B or a B-.
              I am on Episode 4 now. I am really enjoying it!! It is darker and the music helps set that tone throughout.. the tint in the film itself lends to that darkness.

Jason Bateman not only stars in this but also is the Director is pretty cool. He is awesome on so many levels..

Highly Recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by dabrockster; 07-31-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• I'm a Sam Elliot fan so I started watching The Ranch. Definitely formulaic but after a couple of episodes it grew on me. There are some seriously funny moments oftentimes revolving around Elliot's interaction with his sons and estranged wife. The show also has some soul. If you decide to give it a whirl it starts to hit its stride after the first couple of episodes.

Comment

• Saw two epis of Ozark. Can't decide if i want to put up with my husband's tsk tsking when the F bombs fly. I do like that he's a smart character, and I've always loved Laura Linney, a fantastic actress.

When did Esai Morales get handsome? Now he looks like Clooney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Saw two epis of Ozark. Can't decide if i want to put up with my husband's tsk tsking when the F bombs fly. I do like that he's a smart character, and I've always loved Laura Linney, a fantastic actress.

When did Esai Morales get handsome? Now he looks like Clooney.
                    Not yet.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Finished Ozarks. WOW!! Great season.

Shaka: The Ranch is great. Love the interaction of Kutcher and his Brother from the 70's show. It does grow on you.

Comment

• 2 days until Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

American Vandals.

#whodrewthedicks

Ummmmmm.. Netflix is trolling its own creation. Priceless..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-satire-series

https://youtu.be/m3tkFOtM6go

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-04-2017, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            American Vandals.

#whodrewthedicks

Ummmmmm.. Netflix is trolling its own creation. Priceless..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-satire-series

https://youtu.be/m3tkFOtM6go

Seems like it could be clever and funny for a single episode. 8 parts on who drew the dicks? Not sure...

Comment

• Disney should have done this years ago. I sign up for Playstation Vue in the fall when football starts so I can get the espn channels -- and the other sports channels to a lesser extent.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disne...200521905.html
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Yeah- I think that Disney stream is a bad idea, though, unless it's a 5 dollar or under price point. I mean, I like having the Disney shows on Netflix, but really I would own the ones I would actually watch for the most part, too. I don't see myself inking a subscription to get Disney's table scraps.

The ESPN stream, however, I like. The downside is that odd FoxSports1 or whatever football game that nobody can get. They really are extremely late with this, too, since they are hemorrhaging $ as it now stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X