Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Formula 1 show on Netflix is tremendous, highly recommended.

    I've actually watched the first two F1 Grand Prixes this year, which started just a few weeks ago, and loved it.

    Rush, a totally underrated movie that came out back in 2013 and hardly made any money in the theaters, is also on Netflix. Niki Lauda and James Hunt both came from wealthy families, and surprisingly many of the current drivers also come from wealthy backgrounds.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment


    • The Mitchell's vs the Machines. One of the best kids movies I've ever seen. It is one that I would watch even without my son.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        The Mitchell's vs the Machines. One of the best kids movies I've ever seen. It is one that I would watch even without my son.
        My kids liked it. Plus it shows how evil Apple is.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          The Formula 1 show on Netflix is tremendous, highly recommended.

          I've actually watched the first two F1 Grand Prixes this year, which started just a few weeks ago, and loved it.

          Rush, a totally underrated movie that came out back in 2013 and hardly made any money in the theaters, is also on Netflix. Niki Lauda and James Hunt both came from wealthy families, and surprisingly many of the current drivers also come from wealthy backgrounds.
          Box, box, box!

          Love that F1 series. So weird to watch the 2021 season unfold with COVID'; the first show was almost PTSDish.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

          Comment


          • Really liked Losers on Netflix. Some great stories.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment


            • I've watched 3 episodes of High on the Hog and have really enjoyed it. Definitely has a Parts Unknown/No Reservations feel to it.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment


              • the bo burnham special is perfect
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  the bo burnham special is perfect
                  Yeah. Not sure if it's comedy or what-- There are very funny parts, but I found myself more laughing just at the genius of it at times.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    I've watched 3 episodes of High on the Hog and have really enjoyed it. Definitely has a Parts Unknown/No Reservations feel to it.
                    Have watched the first two episodes and very interesting. But are they not ever going to give us greater details on how some of the food is made?
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment


                    • We're watching Sweet Tooth. So far it's pretty good-- man I love Will Forte in dramatic roles. He's so good.
                      Last edited by Commando; 06-21-2021, 09:35 PM.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        The second season of The Kominsky Method is now available and, based on the first two episodes, I think it's even better than the first. Many nice one-liners but also some insightful and touching bits about friendship, old age, and loss. There are some interesting and surprising guest stars, one of which appears with the introduction of Michael Douglas's salty ex-wife in the second episode. She's working somewhere in a jungle--whom would you cast as Michael Douglas's combative female counterpart from 30+ years ago?
                        The third (and presumably final) season of The Kominsky Method is available, and I really enjoyed it, although it was painful watching Kathleen Turner. She's very good, but the forty years since Body Heat have not been kind to her--her voice makes James Earl Jones sound like a soprano. A nice touch was a brief scene in which a fat, aging hipster played by Paul Reiser is watching the forty-year-old film, Diner, featuring a very young Paul Reiser. Lots of interesting characters, with each season better than the one before.

                        Comment


                        • I watched the new This Is Pop docuseries on the 'flix. Really good! They hooked me with the first one, which is entirely dedicated to Boys II Men, but then the others were awesome, too. An entire fascinating episode dedicated to auto-tune My favorite was the 'Brit Pop' episode. I never was much into Oasis or Blur and never knew how crazy things got over there with that music. I have only the faintest recollection of Brit Pop even though that was a time when it should have been right up my alley.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I watched the new This Is Pop docuseries on the 'flix. Really good! They hooked me with the first one, which is entirely dedicated to Boys II Men, but then the others were awesome, too. An entire fascinating episode dedicated to auto-tune My favorite was the 'Brit Pop' episode. I never was much into Oasis or Blur and never knew how crazy things got over there with that music. I have only the faintest recollection of Brit Pop even though that was a time when it should have been right up my alley.
                            T-Pain came off as extremely sympathetic in the auto-tune episode. I did not expect that.

                            I have long stated that the clash between Boyz II Men and Jodeci changed the course of R&B and not for the good.

                            I liked the series a lot.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                              T-Pain came off as extremely sympathetic in the auto-tune episode. I did not expect that.

                              I have long stated that the clash between Boyz II Men and Jodeci changed the course of R&B and not for the good.

                              I liked the series a lot.
                              T-Pain was on Wait Wait don't tell me a couple of weeks ago. He was really funny.

                              https://www.npr.org/2021/06/26/10101...m-of-the-opera

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X