Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16936

    #1651
    I may have missed an earlier link, but this interview with Vince Gilligan is interesting and includes the following:

    VG: I think these last three episodes, not to overstate it, and you could say this about the last eight, but with these last three in particular you need to install a seat belt on your sofa, you need to wear a crash helmet and a diaper. [laughs] I tell ya, this next episode (entitled “Ozymandias”), I think for my money, is the best episode we ever had had or ever will have. It was written by Moira Walley-Beckett and directed by Rian Johnson.

    I think people are going to have trouble breathing after this thing airs. It’s tremendous and it’s a great, great hour of television and I’m as proud as I can be of the two episodes that air after that one and both of them are a hell of a wild ride, too. I couldn’t be more proud of these final eight episodes or these last three episodes. I think they’re going to leave us with some sleepless nights.


    I'm fine if Ozymandias proves to be the zenith in this series, but it sounds like the final two won't be much of a dropoff. What a great ride.

    Comment

    • ewth8tr
      Reverend of Irreverence
      • Nov 2008
      • 2347

      #1652
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      So what's Marie going to do? She's not done in this story yet, and based on what we've seen out of her in the last few weeks it's not out of question that she'll try and exact some revenge. But how? There's a hell of lot of duct tape in there (and some dice?); what's she planning? Take Skyler, Holly and Flynn hostage to force Walt out into the open? I could see her completely losing her shit.
      I wouldn't be surprised at all if Marie was the one that trashed the house.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
      "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8189

        #1653
        Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
        Maybe he does save Jesse. Maybe Jesse is all the family he has left to save.
        This is my gut feeling. But I don't think either of them make it out alive.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69706

          #1654
          Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised at all if Marie was the one that trashed the house.


          No way.

          Seems like the simplest and most obvious answer is that something happens to the family and vandals destroy the abandoned house. Are there any clues as to why it would be something other than this?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #1655
            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            This is my gut feeling. But I don't think either of them make it out alive.
            I sure hope Jesse does. Jesse isn't morally culpable like Walt is. Yes, he killed Gail, but it was out of loyalty (and Stockholm syndrome?) that he did so. Yes, he sold meth to his rehab group. Yes, he did any number of other things. But he wasn't evil or an opportunist, not like Walt, and he wanted to get out. I was screaming at him to get in the Vacuum Van (was that only three episodes ago?) and go to Alaska. But now he's chained up like Ol' Yeller. Does he get put down too?
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1656
              That's the next great pair of plot arcs. Jesse's servitude and Walt protecting his family or coming back Scarface style. I think Todd has Jesse without the notice or permission of the Aryans, and that creates a tension/vulnerability. He wants to take the throne as Captain Cook but needs Jesse's help. There are a thousand different ways Jesse could get out. This is gonna be great.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69706

                #1657
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                That's the next great pair of plot arcs. Jesse's servitude and Walt protecting his family or coming back Scarface style. I think Todd has Jesse without the notice or permission of the Aryans, and that creates a tension/vulnerability. He wants to take the throne as Captain Cook but needs Jesse's help. There are a thousand different ways Jesse could get out. This is gonna be great.
                Not a chance. You think none of those folks ever visit the lab?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #1658
                  Why Breaking Bad is the greatest tv show ever and why that matters.
                  http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstj...-that-matters/

                  Good article, and something I've been thinking about, which is that Breaking Bad is elevating itself even above what it was for the first four seasons with such a strong and focused ending.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #1659
                    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    There's no way Todd could be acting alone with using Jesse to cook could he? Why didn't he tell his uncles that's why he wanted him back at the ranch?
                    bump after seeing Commando's post. I don't know the answer, but I'm curious why he was secretive initially about his reason for wanting Jesse.

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #1660
                      Just rewatched the episode:

                      1. The phone call with Skylar at the end was Walt giving Skylar cover. 100% positive. "Toe the line" "What do you know about it anyway?" Etc.
                      2. The dog that crosses at the end of the episode - Gail was the Problem Dog, Jessie was the Rabid Dog, now Walt is the Stray Dog.
                      3. How do you not give Emmys to everybody associated with this show?
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • jay santos
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 13652

                        #1661
                        Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                        Just rewatched the episode:

                        [*]The phone call with Skylar at the end was Walt giving Skylar cover. 100% positive. "Toe the line" "What do you know about it anyway?" Etc.
                        [/LIST]
                        This is 100% clear. What I'm not so sure about is if Skylar recognized it and responded in kind.

                        Comment

                        • CardiacCoug
                          вот так штука
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 11013

                          #1662
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


                          No way.

                          Seems like the simplest and most obvious answer is that something happens to the family and vandals destroy the abandoned house. Are there any clues as to why it would be something other than this?
                          Heisenberg is written on the wall of the house. So if it's vandals then it would have to be public or common knowledge that he was the drug dealer known as Heisenberg.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69706

                            #1663
                            Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Heisenberg is written on the wall of the house. So if it's vandals then it would have to be public or common knowledge that he was the drug dealer known as Heisenberg.
                            Which, of course, should be plastered all over the ABQ news in short order.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • scottie
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5247

                              #1664
                              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              Heisenberg is written on the wall of the house. So if it's vandals then it would have to be public or common knowledge that he was the drug dealer known as Heisenberg.
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Which, of course, should be plastered all over the ABQ news in short order.
                              When Walt goes back to their boarded up house at the beginning of season 5B, I think he had to use a crowbar to get inside after he climbs through the fence. I wonder if there was any point to showing that--breaking into his house--to indicate that it probably wasn't some random kids who painted "Heisenberg" on the wall.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69706

                                #1665
                                Originally posted by scottie View Post
                                When Walt goes back to their boarded up house at the beginning of season 5B, I think he had to use a crowbar to get inside after he climbs through the fence. I wonder if there was any point to showing that--breaking into his house--to indicate that it probably wasn't some random kids who painted "Heisenberg" on the wall.
                                Not following you. How would that matter? What other kind of kids could it be?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...