Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #301








    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Art Vandelay
      Striving for mediocrity
      • Jul 2009
      • 10516

      #302
      An interesting NPR article, talking about the story arcs for Breaking Bad, The Wire, and The Sopranos.

      I think the author is correct here. I hoping Mr. White will find some kind of moral life raft in the final 16 episodes, but Gilligan has hinted for several years he plans for him to end the show as the complete opposite type of person he was, when it all began.
      Walt is evil, and barring a turn of events that's both unexpected and counter to literary tradition, he is going to crash and burn.
      I don't recall if I've said it in this thread or not, but I predict Jesse's botany knowledge significantly grows, by episode 8.

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #303
        The show is not going to redeem Walt. Don't expect that moral life raft.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • clackamascoug
          Banned
          • Dec 2009
          • 9709

          #304
          You should envy me. I'm in a mid summer Breaking Bad Catch-Up. I've been watching 3 episodes a day, and last nights last episode was "box cutter." By July 15, I'm going to be caught up, and be ready for season 5. Till then I've got 11 more episodes to watch...

          Comment

          • Tim
            Not Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 4390

            #305
            Over the past 4 weeks I re-watched seasons 1-4 with my wife -- she had finally decided that she wanted to be on the Breaking Bad train, so in marathon of TV watching we watched it. I can't wait for this Sunday -- I too believe that Walter is heading for a violent fate, and I can't imagine that it won't cost the lives of others around him, too.
            Visca Catalunya Lliure

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #306
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              The show is not going to redeem Walt. Don't expect that moral life raft.
              I'm getting the Keyser Söze vibe.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • Art Vandelay
                Striving for mediocrity
                • Jul 2009
                • 10516

                #307
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                I'm getting the Keyser Söze vibe.
                One of my favorite fictional characters ever, I would be happy for Walt to stride away into the New Mexico desert. To me, the least appealing ending would be, Hank or another DEA agent, cuffing WW as Junior looks on.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #308
                  Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  One of my favorite fictional characters ever, I would be happy for Walt to stride away into the New Mexico desert. To me, the least appealing ending would be, Hank or another DEA agent, cuffing WW as Junior looks on.
                  I've always pictured this thing ending in a showdown between Hank and Walt.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16938

                    #309
                    Tonight's the night (although I'll have to wait and watch it when I get back home Tuesday). Meanwhile, I apologize if this has already been posted, but I found this amusing:
                    [YOUTUBE]-6v-ApehVbc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

                    Comment

                    • CardiacCoug
                      вот так штука
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 11013

                      #310
                      Yeah we're really looking forward to the premiere tonight. So people with Dish still don't have AMC, right? That sucks.

                      My kids are complaining about this whole Viacom/DirecTV dispute because of losing Nick, but I would be a lot more annoyed about losing AMC.

                      Comment

                      • marsupial
                        Mississippi Queen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3678

                        #311
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Tonight's the night (although I'll have to wait and watch it when I get back home Tuesday). Meanwhile, I apologize if this has already been posted, but I found this amusing:
                        [YOUTUBE]-6v-ApehVbc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]
                        Very funny. Thanks for posting. I reposted it on facebook.

                        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Yeah we're really looking forward to the premiere tonight. So people with Dish still don't have AMC, right? That sucks.

                        My kids are complaining about this whole Viacom/DirecTV dispute because of losing Nick, but I would be a lot more annoyed about losing AMC.
                        My kids don't watch Nick but we watch Comedy Central. Grrr! But I'd take Jesse Pinkman over Daniel Tosh any day.

                        So, the real question is, did Walter White poison that little boy? Or perhaps Gus' men planted (so to speak) the flower in his backyard? Are we ever really going to know for sure?
                        Last edited by marsupial; 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69719

                          #312
                          Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                          My kids don't watch Nick but we watch Comedy Central. Grrr! But I take Jesse Pinkman over Daniel Tosh any day.

                          So, the real question is, did Walter White poison that little boy? Or perhaps Gus' men planted (so to speak) the flower in his backyard? Are we ever really going to know for sure?
                          Are you kidding? Of course it was Walter.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • marsupial
                            Mississippi Queen
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3678

                            #313
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Are you kidding? Of course it was Walter.
                            Oh, but I don't want him to be THAT evil. I have to hold on to hope that he wouldn't actually do that.
                            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                            -Teenage Dirtbag

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #314
                              I'm ready to rock!
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • marsupial
                                Mississippi Queen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 3678

                                #315
                                It was him. Sigh.
                                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

                                Comment

                                Working...