Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    Also go up into the gorge a bit with visiting family. It was overcast with some fog, so more of a more muted, maybe a bit melancholy feel seemed appropriate.

sf, how is hopfrog doing these days?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      sf, how is hopfrog doing these days?
      A very distant cousin that I've never met, still in the Seattle area AFAIK. I'm Facebook friends with him, but we have never met face to face, and really haven't interacted since I first reached out to introduce myself. He did post the following on Facebook (so I guess it's public knowledge) on November 4th of this year:

I'm in state of shock--ye Church has approved my restitution of blessings--so that I will once again hold ye priesthood and be able to do temple work. I'll be a total Latter-day Saint.
      Many others around here have more of a relationship than I do, I just happen to share a great, great ... great grandfather in common. On the paternal side, so we share a surname.

Comment

A very distant cousin that I've never met, still in the Seattle area AFAIK. I'm Facebook friends with him, but we have never met face to face, and really haven't interacted since I first reached out to introduce myself. He did post the following on Facebook (so I guess it's public knowledge) on November 4th of this year:

Many others around here have more of a relationship than I do, I just happen to share a great, great ... great grandfather in common. On the paternal side, so we share a surname.
        That is awesome. We were Facebook friends once upon a time.

Comment

thanks, SF. i'd remembered that you two were related, noticed your last name and assumed you were fairly close. thanks for posting the note from FB.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            thanks, SF. i'd remembered that you two were related, noticed your last name and assumed you were fairly close. thanks for posting the note from FB.
            His story is quite interesting, hopefully he doesn't mind sharing it here, but it's a public interview.

https://motleyvision.org/2010/02/04/pugmire-interview/

Comment

His story is quite interesting, hopefully he doesn't mind sharing it here, but it's a public interview.

https://motleyvision.org/2010/02/04/pugmire-interview/
              very interesting. he's an interesting cat. and once again, thanks for sharing.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• I was looking through some pictures of our trip to Hawaii back in May. This was my favorite picture of Kaneohe Bay from our AirBNB right on the water. I only ever took pictures with my phone, except for the underwater stuff with a GoPro.

Kaneohe Bay.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  ...I only ever took pictures with my phone...
                  Please stop doing this. Scenes like that deserve something better.

Comment

• Another misty morning at the refuge

Comment

• Your photoshop skills are amazing. I don't know how you processed the 1st image to create the 2nd. ;-)

That first duck in the 3rd image reminds me of the Lufthansa logo.

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                        Your photoshop skills are amazing. I don't know how you processed the 1st image to create the 2nd. ;-)

That first duck sandhill crane in the 3rd image reminds me of the Lufthansa logo.
                        fify

90% of "optimizations" I make are in Lightroom. I have very, very few Photoshop skills. The Nik collection (now owned by DxO, but previously free through Google) is responsible for 9 of the remaining 10%, I mostly use Photoshop for the Smart Sharpen filter which I like better than LR's sharpening.

Comment

• As a reminder, these are all clickable, the full versions show a lot more detail.

Lunchtime, not a great photo though.

Another egret...

And another heron (of which I have a large collection at this point)

Not sure which is my favorite pose

And the take off, unfortunately focused on the back feathers, was able to get a little better sharpness on the face with PS Smart Sharpen, but not what I was hoping for, maybe next time.

Last edited by swampfrog; 12-20-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• What a treat to see this last batch of photos. Re: the purple bush: unerring spatial perception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              What a treat to see this last batch of photos. Re: the purple bush: unerring spatial perception.
                              I think you're the only one who consistently highlights my favorites.

Comment

I think you're the only one who consistently highlights my favorites.
                                But does she use your photo's as the main page on the computer...

2018-04-08.jpg

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X