Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official Photography Thread

    I'm hoping this thread can be a place we can submit photos regardless of our talent, or in my case lack thereof, we have personally taken. I would appreciate any constructive (hopefully not too brutal) feedback.

    The first ones I will submit were taken while in Jamaica. I have a Nikon D300, I don't recall what lens I was using. I don't want this thread to be just my pictures so I will wait to submit more until others have a chance to add some.


    This was taken standing on the balcony of our hotel room



    It rained for an hour or two everyday. I felt like this could have been a great photo, but I didn't frame it as well as I would have liked.


    Local beach performers very entertaining and surprising harmonic
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-17-2009, 12:10 AM.

  • #2
    Two more pics


    Comment


    • #3
      I'm disappointed, where are the girls in bikini's?
      "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
        I'm disappointed, where are the girls in bikini's?
        (of girls in bikinis)

        Come on, Bishop! Step up to the plate!
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't take this picture( my friend did) but I was there 2 weeks ago on a backpacking trip.

          Oneof the most beautiful lakes I have ever been to.

          That is Mt Whitney in the far background. The really big mountian.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            I didn't take this picture( my friend did) but I was there 2 weeks ago on a backpacking trip.

            Oneof the most beautiful lakes I have ever been to.

            That is Mt Whitney in the far background. The really big mountian.

            I love outdoor photography. If this thread ever takes off I will put some I took while on my 50 mile hike this summer. That is a good photograph. It would have been cool if he could have gotten a little closer to the lack to catch those ripples on the water better. Beautiful shot though.

            Comment


            • #7
              and here is me sleeping on the top of Mt Williamson - the second highest peak in California. Again that is mt Whitney in the background.

              Comment


              • #8
                Here are a few from our England trip last summer

                American Military Cemetary - Cambridge: entrance



                American Military Cemetary - Cambridge: graves



                Ivy - Cam River Cambridge



                Willow Tree - Cam River Cambridge



                Parliment House - Westminster



                Bagpiper - Westminster Bridge



                Edit
                I've changed the pic urls to photobucket - maybe that will work
                Last edited by happyone; 09-17-2009, 04:27 PM.

                I may be small, but I'm slow.

                A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by happyone View Post
                  Here are a few from our England trip last summer

                  American Military Cemetary - Cambridge: entrance



                  American Military Cemetary - Cambridge: graves



                  Ivy - Cam River Cambridge



                  Willow Tree - Cam River Cambridge



                  Parliment House - Westminster



                  Bagpiper - Westminster Bridge

                  Those are beautiful descriptions?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was using a Olympus DSLR with a 40-150mm zoom. I also have some of the Normandy Beaches if anyone is intrested.

                    I may be small, but I'm slow.

                    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by happyone View Post
                      I was using a Olympus DSLR with a 40-150mm zoom. I also have some of the Normandy Beaches if anyone is intrested.
                      I was being sarcastic, sorry. Are the pictures showing up on your computer. All I can see is the titles, there are no images showing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I was being sarcastic, sorry. Are the pictures showing up on your computer. All I can see is the titles, there are no images showing.
                        No problem, yes they are.

                        I loaded them to my photo album on the CUF server. I'll check and see if they are there when I get home from work.
                        Last edited by happyone; 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM.

                        I may be small, but I'm slow.

                        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          No problem, yes they are.

                          I loaded them to my photo album on the CUF server. I'll check and see if they are there when I get home from work.
                          I see them w/o problems as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can't see them.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I can't see them either. I'm using Chrome.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X