Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37992

    #2041
    Originally posted by Solon View Post
    Outlet Center Drive in Barstow, CA is really far away from the outlets.
    I have observed that too.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #2042
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Lol. It's about time someone gave that HFN a taste of his own smart-ass medicine.
      Tastes delicious.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Solon
        Lost in the flood
        • Nov 2008
        • 5747

        #2043
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Tastes delicious.
        We are all familiar with egg nog, but are there other kinds of nog out there? Almond nog? Cherry nog? Mushroom nog? Steak nog?

        If not, we should dispense with the superfluity & just call that holiday drink 'nog.'
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #2044
          Originally posted by Solon View Post
          We are all familiar with egg nog, but are there other kinds of nog out there? Almond nog? Cherry nog? Mushroom nog? Steak nog?

          If not, we should dispense with the superfluity & just call that holiday drink 'nog.'
          Nog is a type of ale. Egg nog means whipped egg added to ale. Unless it si alcoholic, we should probably get rid of the nog instead of the egg. Maybe call it "egg a la Pasteur."
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #2045
            If you could find out the exact date of your death, would you want to know it?

            It would certainly make retirement planning a lot easier.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #2046
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              If you could find out the exact date of your death, would you want to know it?

              It would certainly make retirement planning a lot easier.
              I would want to know it. It would totally change how I listen to that "live like you were dying" country/western song and "if today was your last day" nickelback song. I'd also build in like a good year of buffer for repentance.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #2047
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I would want to know it. It would totally change how I listen to that "live like you were dying" country/western song and "if today was your last day" nickelback song. I'd also build in like a good year of buffer for repentance.
                is that the song where the guy wants to go skydiving and do all these really fun activities? If so, i enjoy that song.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #2048
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  If you could find out the exact date of your death, would you want to know it?

                  It would certainly make retirement planning a lot easier.
                  Not really. It might bum me out so bad I would shoot myself.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #2049
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    is that the song where the guy wants to go skydiving and do all these really fun activities? If so, i enjoy that song.
                    Yes! He also wants to go Rocky Mountain climbing.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #2050
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Yes! He also wants to go Rocky Mountain climbing.
                      I wonder what would happen if the dying guy went on a long mountain climbing trip and invited the country western guy who was tired of listening to his woman talk and wanted to talk all about himself for a change. I bet the dying guy would get sick of the other guy eventually but since he was dying i guess it wouldnt matter that much. would still be annoying though.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • creekster
                        It is NOT a monkey!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22661

                        #2051
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I wonder what would happen if the dying guy went on a long mountain climbing trip and invited the country western guy who was tired of listening to his woman talk and wanted to talk all about himself for a change. I bet the dying guy would get sick of the other guy eventually but since he was dying i guess it wouldnt matter that much. would still be annoying though.
                        that's a fascinating thought, grape.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                        Comment

                        • PaloAltoCougar
                          Semper infra dignitatem
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 16938

                          #2052
                          If I knew my exact death date, I'd go skydiving but without a parachute since I wouldn't die, right? It would be pretty awesome to stick the landing to the amazement of onlookers. But knowing my luck, I'd probably survive the jump but be rendered a vegetable, running up devastating health care costs for my family while I lived another thirty years when I finally croaked.

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #2053
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            If I knew my exact death date, I'd go skydiving but without a parachute since I wouldn't die, right? It would be pretty awesome to stick the landing to the amazement of onlookers. But knowing my luck, I'd probably survive the jump but be rendered a vegetable, running up devastating health care costs for my family while I lived another thirty years when I finally croaked.
                            I imagine you would never run out of money. Your kids I am sure are as imaginative as you.

                            They would put you in a Circus and charge to see what a guy who jumps without a parachute looks like.

                            Comment

                            • PaloAltoCougar
                              Semper infra dignitatem
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 16938

                              #2054
                              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              I imagine you would never run out of money. Your kids I am sure are as imaginative as you.
                              They would put you in a Circus and charge to see what a guy who jumps without a parachute looks like.
                              Or as cheap, which leads me to believe fils would pull the plug on me as if he were starting a lawnmower, as they say.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #2055
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Or as cheap, which leads me to believe fils would pull the plug on me as if he were starting a lawnmower, as they say.
                                I am pretty sure my boys wouldn't even let them put the plug in. I am sure putting the plug would cost money.

                                Comment

                                Working...