Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harriet
    Hard hearted
    • Mar 2014
    • 39

    #1996
    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    welcome harriet. who the heck is harriet? maybe indy's wife, here to read up.
    Thanks for the welcome. While Indy seems like a nice guy and masterful debater, I am not his wife.

    Comment

    • Harriet
      Hard hearted
      • Mar 2014
      • 39

      #1997
      Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      I'm guessing harry-ette is more of a cup gal than a box gal. Welcome, the RV disposal dump is right around the corner.
      I looked for some text in super light gray font that would expound on this and possibly help explain what it means but couldn't find any? Thanks for the welcome anyway.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #1998
        welcome, hard-hearted harbinger of haggis.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #1999
          Originally posted by Harriet View Post
          I looked for some text in super light gray font that would expound on this and possibly help explain what it means but couldn't find any? Thanks for the welcome anyway.
          Hmmm...how do you know this is his MO? Have you been lurking long? Are you a formerly banned poster?
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25268

            #2000
            Originally posted by Harriet View Post
            Thanks for the welcome. While Indy seems like a nice guy and masterful debater, I am not his wife.
            You got one thing right!
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • splitbamboo
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 130

              #2001
              Originally posted by Harriet View Post
              Thanks for the welcome. While Indy seems like a nice guy and masterful debater, I am not his wife.
              Dieter's wife. No?

              Comment

              • SCcoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7625

                #2002
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                So the song was The Family Is of God. Here are the words:



                The family didn't like verses 2 and 3 because of the emphasis on gender roles (the dad stays at home, the mom works), so they wrote their own 2nd verse and sang it with 1 and 4. The song was performed by dad, mom and kids, and dedicated to the NY Times people who are just trying to expand our view of what it means to be a member of the church.
                Our primary was practicing that song last month. My first thought upon hearing those verses was that they wouldn't be popular with the ProgMo crowd.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #2003
                  Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  Our primary was practicing that song last month. My first thought upon hearing those verses was that they wouldn't be popular with the ProgMo crowd.
                  Our primary chorister avoids them as well.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • BigFatMeanie
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7116

                    #2004
                    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Our primary was practicing that song last month. My first thought upon hearing those verses was that they wouldn't be popular with the ProgMo crowd.
                    The song is part of the official 2014 Primary Program for Sacrament Meeting: https://www.lds.org/callings/primary...-2014?lang=eng

                    Every ward in the church is going to practice that song this year.

                    Comment

                    • Eddie
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 8098

                      #2005
                      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      The song is part of the official 2014 Primary Program for Sacrament Meeting: https://www.lds.org/callings/primary...-2014?lang=eng

                      Every ward in the church is going to practice that song this year.
                      I was in our primary when the kids were learning the first verse and chorus. I kind of liked it. I can see how the standard stereotyped 2nd and 3rd versus would not be quite as popular as the first verse.

                      Comment

                      • Clark Addison
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10311

                        #2006
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Our primary chorister avoids them as well.
                        I am a Primary Music Leader. Feeling the pressure to live up to the CS stereotype, I have have taught our primary the first and fourth verses, but not the middle two. Last Sunday, the primary presidency gave me the day off for Father's Day, and one of them worked on the third verse. All my ProgMo efforts are come to naught!

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #2007
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          My son got to experience this during his OB/GYN rotation. Some girl assumed that "disposable" meant that they would just magically disappear and go away over time. Poor thing was very sick.


                          I wish that's what disposable meant. Diaper duty would be a breeze!
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #2008
                            Originally posted by Commando View Post


                            I wish that's what disposable meant. Diaper duty would be a breeze!
                            Diaper duty? Dating a milf these days, Commando?
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • Harriet
                              Hard hearted
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 39

                              #2009
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              welcome, hard-hearted harbinger of haggis.
                              Thank you. This poem sucks.

                              Comment

                              • FMCoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 6825

                                #2010
                                Sometimes the jokes write themselves. I'm wearing a BYU hat today and still in the office working late. The janitor came by to empty the trash and started giving me crap about my hat and pointed out his Ute shirt. I had to bite my tongue about who was the janitor and who is the business owner. ‪#‎justsayin‬
                                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                                Comment

                                Working...