X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Disneyland in 11 days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
      We're going to Montauk in the Hamptons over Columbus Day weekend. That's our next family trip. Thinking about Iowa to visit my sister for Thanksgiving, but no set plans there.
      Sounds like a great vacay. You should return and report.

Comment

• Sundance family reunion in a couple weeks. Leave from there to Stockholm and Amsterdam. India in December. That will round out this year. And thanks, BM, for helping remind of original intent
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I'm going to Disneyland in 11 days!
          fify
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Sundance family reunion in a couple weeks. Leave from there to Stockholm and Amsterdam. India in December. That will round out this year. And thanks, BM, for helping remind of original intent
            Holy cow, creekster. Well done.

Had a fantastic trip with my son to Alaska in August. Silver salmon fishing was unreal. We caught 30 silvers one day and they were almost all around 30 inches.

We were going to do Maui for Christmas this year but it might not happen.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Twice to lake Michigan this summer and then Omaha for a wedding. Considering a Disney World trip next month so my Star Wars obsessed daughter can have her mind blown. I would give that trip a for Walter, but we actually like Disney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                Twice to lake Michigan this summer and then Omaha for a wedding. Considering a Disney World trip next month so my Star Wars obsessed daughter can have her mind blown. I would give that trip a for Walter, but we actually like Disney.
                Creekster puts us all to shame, but PAC and the Dude are not far behind. We are hob-nobbling with the rich and famous.

Only one short trip this year to Iceland and Germany, but nothing fancy like the rest of you. Next year and the year after should be more exotic, but we'll see.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• We have always traveled a lot and have used the large part of our discretionary income for travel throughout our lives. More recently, however, (as with our trips this year to Stockholm and India) I have also been tagging along with my wife, who travels worldwide for her job.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• 16 days on the West Coast next June with 600 of my closest friends. Should be a fun get away. Still deciding if we can afford for me to bring my wife.

https://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/tour.html
                    Last edited by Copelius; 09-15-2017, 08:22 AM.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      We have always traveled a lot and have used the large part of our discretionary income for travel throughout our lives. More recently, however, (as with our trips this year to Stockholm and India) I have also been tagging along with my wife, who travels worldwide for her job.
                      You have an impressive travel schedule, and many, including myself, are envious. Good for you.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I love to travel, but I am poor (probably the poorest guy here), so don't get to do it much. But I still manage to find deals and do it cheap and like Creek, use my discretionary income for that purpose. Last year we did a Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep trip. Next spring I am taking my two oldest kids to Paris for 8 days to visit my parents who fly there today for a mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          I love to travel, but I am poor (probably the poorest guy here), so don't get to do it much. But I still manage to find deals and do it cheap and like Creek, use my discretionary income for that purpose. Last year we did a Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep trip. Next spring I am taking my two oldest kids to Paris for 8 days to visit my parents who fly there today for a mission.
                          With an itinerary like that please tell me you're
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            I love to travel, but I am poor (probably the poorest guy here), so don't get to do it much. But I still manage to find deals and do it cheap and like Creek, use my discretionary income for that purpose. Last year we did a Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep trip. Next spring I am taking my two oldest kids to Paris for 8 days to visit my parents who fly there today for a mission.
                            Poor and impoverished, yeah right. But I agree with you, as we lack the discretionary income the wealthy among us, PAC, 71, SU, creekster, JL, Ted, ol gregg, DH have, but we devote our few shekels to travel. Sounds like a wonderful trip. You should share some pics from such exotic places. So you're going to swing around the 8th and 16th arrondisements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              With an itinerary like that please tell me you're
                              I am also one of the cheapest guys here as well. I work for the government and have five kids.

BTW, St Petersburg is one of the best cities I have ever visited. So incredible. I highly recommend for all you world travelers. It is on par with Paris, imo. The Hermitage is one of the top museums in the world.

Also the city is cheap. Dinner for four at a wonderful Georgian restaurant for under $30. The hostel we stayed in there was great. $17 a night for a private room with bath and free breakfast on Nevsky Prospect.

Comment

• My upcoming vacation isn't nearly as exciting as some of these other destinations, but we're taking the kids over fall break to San Antonio, and then on down to what's left of the beaches near Corpus Christi in Port Aranas along the gulf of Mexico. Hopefully the hurricanes will have slowed down by then. I've never been to the Alamo, so I'm going to make my kids suffer through that, and then we'll do a few days at the beach and head back to San Antonio for our last night there as well. If anyone has any food or tourism recommendations, I'm all ears!
                                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X