Take a Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    I had good experience with leaving and just want to share that with my friends. Not saying that leaving is for everyone. Just saying it's worth a try.

I think it's difficult for most people to entertain the thought of leaving. You sort of have to contemplate it before giving it a try, so I guess I'm just planting seeds for now.

SeattleUte planted seeds a long time ago. He once sent me a message telling me that I was well on my way to leaving, and I told him he was totally wrong and that I would never leave. But he was right!
    I'm glad you're in a place of greater happiness. A lot of the LDS folks I know are fine with telling inactive members how beneficial church attendance is, inviting them to attend, etc. but would get bothered if the roles were reversed like what you are doing. If someone is fine with sharing a "I found this thing that makes me happier, you should try it!" message with others, I think they should be fine with others doing the same thing, even if they don't agree with the message.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

For vacation plans, I have an overnighter to San Diego coming up on December 23.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        I've got to say, Burley was spectacular.

At first, I didn't think we'd get to spend much time there. But then my wife started craving a slice of pumpkin pie and strongly suggested that we stop at Perkins. I dropped her off with a couple of our kids so she could get a slice to go while I refueled.

When I returned, they had not yet emerged from the establishment, so we went in to assist them in their departure. Our arrival was greeted with another strong suggestion that we just sit down and eat dinner there. Eventually, the Mrs. tired of waiting for someone to take our order, so we visited another Burley landmark I had never been to before - Arby's.

Really a very fulfilling visit to Burley. One of my longest stays there ever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        This is funny... exit 208 in Burley is a great stop on a trip from Portland to Provo. We've eaten at the Perkins, Arby's, McDonalds, Burger King, Denny's and the Subway inside the Chevron Station. Before getting married and having kids, I even once stopped and played nine holes at the dinky little golf course. Back in the 60's and early 70's there was even a blue roofed Stucky's Travel Center at the exit, and I may have gotten an Indian Headdress with dyed chicken feathers to match my little beaded belt.

I much prefer the byway of Malta to the hustle and bustle of Burley. At post mission BYU, my roommate was from Burley and I went home with him on a couple of weekends for calving season, and the annual cattle auction. It didn't hurt that his 18 yo sister was gorgeous and full of life as she pulled a newborn from the loins of a Heifer.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 11-24-2016, 09:03 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

SeattleUte planted seeds a long time ago. He once sent me a message telling me that I was well on my way to leaving, and I told him he was totally wrong and that I would never leave. But he was right!
          SUwish!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Also, it's pretty obvious that someone cares. The last thread started in the Foyer was by Grapevine ~2 weeks ago, and no one replied even though Grape is a gosh damn genius with savant-like capacity for relaying biographical information about general authorities! The real tragedy of Cougarboard is that good people like Grapevine were silenced. The tragedy of Cougarstadium is that a lot of people either ignore or dismiss the best posts or spew tens of thousands of posts full of mindless banter.

This forum is DEAD without people like me. I write a single post about taking a break from Mormonism, and the place explodes with discussion. You guys need me but don't want to admit it.
            Lol. Whatever you say.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Also, it's pretty obvious that someone cares. The last thread started in the Foyer was by Grapevine ~2 weeks ago, and no one replied even though Grape is a gosh damn genius with savant-like capacity for relaying biographical information about general authorities! The real tragedy of Cougarboard is that good people like Grapevine were silenced. The tragedy of Cougarstadium is that a lot of people either ignore or dismiss the best posts or spew tens of thousands of posts full of mindless banter.

This forum is DEAD without people like me. I write a single post about taking a break from Mormonism, and the place explodes with discussion. You guys need me but don't want to admit it.
              Don't ever leave, but do try to become less monotone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Don't ever leave, but do try to become less monotone.
                If he left, this board would crumble in a matter of days.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  If he left, this board would crumble in a matter of days.
                  The board is dying a slow death. It is.

Lebowski--can you provide data on traffic to this board over the last however many years?

Comment

The board is dying a slow death. It is.

Lebowski--can you provide data on traffic to this board over the last however many years?
                    No! Don't do it, Lebowski! Don't show him the data on traffic over the last however many years. He'll use this information as a weapon I just know it!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      No! Don't do it, Lebowski! Don't show him the data on traffic over the last however many years. He'll use this information as a weapon I just know it!
                      Gallows humor.

How was that?
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        I have the data, but I will never reveal it!
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Pleasepostphotos!
                          I stupidly forgot my SD card. No photos for me.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Probably bad for revenue.

In any case, my conscience is clear. I have paid my cougarstadium tithing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              This is right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

We did Naples, FL last spring break and we loved it so much we're doing it again this year.

Planning another trip in August for our anniversary. Can't decide where to go. Initially it was NYC, easy travel by train, use points to stay at the Park Hyatt and take in a bunch of shows and food. But I'm leaning somewhere tropical so we're talking Caribbean or Mexico. While trying to sell my wife on sand versus Hamilton she threw out Iceland.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X