Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread
Collapse
X
-
Crazy. IIRC, the silk road guy hired somebody in Utah who became fairly prominent in that operation.Originally posted by BigPiney View Posthttp://www.deseretnews.com/article/9...ron-shamo.html
Opioid kingpin in salt lake. The dark web is scary."Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
"The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
"I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
"I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71
Comment
-
The guy with the powdered sugar donuts and Coke. I remember that dude.Originally posted by Lost Student View PostCrazy. IIRC, the silk road guy hired somebody in Utah who became fairly prominent in that operation.
Shamo's story is a crazy one.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Did anyone see the dark web doc that Bill from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey made?Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
iPhone is ten years old today
In honor of the iPhone being ten years old today, you should read this article:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...hanged-gaming/
It has a bunch of links to other well written iPhone articles if you're interested in that.
Especially this one: https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/0...o-apple-store/
Comment
-
-
this is crazy, sad and worth reading
I'm like LeBron James.
-mpfunk
Comment
-
I found this article interesting enough that I saved a copy onto my hard drive years ago for reference.
"This April 1980 Washington Monthly cover story on the problems and progress of NASA's space shuttle program was written one year before Columbia's first launch in 1981."
Beam Me Out Of This Death Trap, Scotty - 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Goodbye, Columbia
Comment
-
Anti-doxing strategy—or, how to avoid 50 Qurans and $287 of Chick-Fil-A
An intersting article about online harassment and how to deal with it:
https://arstechnica.com/security/201...f-chick-fil-a/
Comment
-
"Trouble in Paradise" - Story about the UK's attempts to deal with the insane sexual culture of Pitcairn Island. A huge portion of the adult men wound up charged with rape. Apparently every girl on the island was being sexually assaulted constantly and there was not a single faithful couple. Truly disturbing.
Settled in 1790 by mutineers from the storied H.M.S. Bounty, Pitcairn Island is one of the British Empire’s most isolated remnants, a mystical hunk of rock that was largely ignored until 1996. Then Pitcairn’s secret was exposed: generations of rape and child molestation as a way of life. Delving into the South Pacific island’s past, the authors chronicle its 10-year clash with the British legal system, which ripped apart a tiny society.
Comment
-
While that may be worth reading, I'm pretty sure I don't want to.Originally posted by Armenag View Post"Trouble in Paradise" - Story about the UK's attempts to deal with the insane sexual culture of Pitcairn Island. A huge portion of the adult men wound up charged with rape. Apparently every girl on the island was being sexually assaulted constantly and there was not a single faithful couple. Truly disturbing.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2008/...printable=true"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
Fairly short article about some guy being asked by Olive Garden's parent company to obtain written permission before blogging about his experiences eating there. Be sure to read his actual response at the end.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...den-it-doesnt/
Comment
-
If this doesn't bring Triplet back, then he's never coming back.Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View PostFairly short article about some guy being asked by Olive Garden's parent company to obtain written permission before blogging about his experiences eating there. Be sure to read his actual response at the end.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...den-it-doesnt/Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
Comment