The official weather thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16939

    #406
    My BIL in SoCal said that their stake president had everyone fast for moisture. Within hours...the deluge in Arizona, etc. Apparently the stake president didn't instruct the members to specify location. So now the Orange County faithful are calling upon the Arizona and southern Utah saints to return the favor.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #407
      Originally posted by cowboy View Post
      Anyone else on the board have a freeze yet?
      Hartsville doesn't have a Dairy Queen.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37996

        #408
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        A 1000-yr storm near the Utah/Arizona/Nevada border. I-15 will be close for 3-4 days. Yowza, that is an insane storm.

        Notice the van being washed away at about 1:20.

        Our phones were blowing up all day with flash flood warnings on Sunday and Monday.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Dwight Schr-ute
          Members Only
          • May 2011
          • 4917

          #409
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Our phones were blowing up all day with flash flood warnings on Sunday and Monday.
          I was scheduled to do fish work in Moapa today and tomorrow. Looks like I'll be headed up in the next week or two to try and find some of the gear that they already had set in the Muddy prior to the flows. Can't wait.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37996

            #410
            Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            I was scheduled to do fish work in Moapa today and tomorrow. Looks like I'll be headed up in the next week or two to try and find some of the gear that they already had set in the Muddy prior to the flows. Can't wait.
            Do you hear Elder Holland's voice every time you say "the Muddy"?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Dwight Schr-ute
              Members Only
              • May 2011
              • 4917

              #411
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              A 1000-yr storm near the Utah/Arizona/Nevada border. I-15 will be close for 3-4 days. Yowza, that is an insane storm.

              Notice the van being washed away at about 1:20.
              Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
              Did we just watch someone die?
              Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Comments said the guy who jumped in broke his arms but the people in the van got out ok.
              There was an article on the couple in today's paper. http://www.reviewjournal.com/weather...oodwater-moapa

              Here's the USGS flow data for the Virgin River at the bottom of the gorge.

              USGS.jpg

              And some video:

              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

              Comment

              • San Juan Sun
                Kicked to the curb
                • Dec 2009
                • 9214

                #412
                images-14.jpeg
                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                - Ty Cobb

                Comment

                • RC Vikings
                  Known Heterosexual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8789

                  #413
                  Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  You may also be the only one that sees the humble. Rule number 1: There is never anything humble about my posts.

                  We'll be getting frost here at the house tonight. Anyone else on the board have a freeze yet?
                  Friday morning we get down to 27.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #414
                    A weather thread? Nice! I would have posted here Monday when I took the day off because of rain.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #415
                      Weather here today was not bad. A little cool this morning but it warmed up to about 72 degrees right now. Deep and clear blue sky. Not too dry, not too humid.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • Drunk Tank
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 2569

                        #416
                        Only supposed to be 101° here today!
                        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                        Comment

                        • cowboy
                          Homer Weems
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5740

                          #417
                          Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                          Only supposed to be 101° here today!
                          I'm wearing long underwear for the first time in three months. I can't see the mountain, but I need to get up there and see what's going on in this storm. I'll leave in about an hour and anticipate riding through a foot of snow and blowing wind most of the day. The good news is that it is supposed to get almost to 60 on Saturday.
                          sigpic
                          "Outlined against a blue, gray
                          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                          Grantland Rice, 1924

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #418
                            A little cool this morning at about 61 degrees. It should warm up to about 82 in the city today. Clear and sunny.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • dabrockster
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 10962

                              #419
                              Sonic Boom after Volcano eruption. Pretty freaking cool

                              Comment

                              • wuapinmon
                                Soul Plumber
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 30711

                                #420
                                94F with 94% humidity.
                                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                                Comment

                                Working...