Which vehicle for 50k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #61
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    I agree Audi has done a great job design wise and has improved their reliability scores.

    I wanted to purchase a A7 but they were a little over what I wanted to spend when I optioned the car out, and there was little availability for lightly used. It is what I wanted and still want, really.
    You either love the switch to the cat eye headlights or you hate it. I love it. Such a distinctive look.

    This thread reminds me of an old thread on CG. Maybe 6 years ago. We were discussing realistic sports cars we wanted to buy. Hyrum chimed in that he wanted a Mazda Miata and NorCal Cat told him it was too feminine. lol.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • BYUMizzou
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 400

      #62
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      I agree Audi has done a great job design wise and has improved their reliability scores.

      I wanted to purchase a A7 but they were a little over what I wanted to spend when I optioned the car out, and there was little availability for lightly used. It is what I wanted and still want, really.
      My next car will be an Audi. Probably the A6, although I'd love to have an A8. I currently drive an E350, but in a year or so when it hits 120,000 K, I'll trade it off on an Audi.

      For what it's worth, the $50,000 price range is very reachable for "luxury" cars if you buy a year old car with 20K miles. $38,000 is a realistic number for some of the cars on AV's list if you go with a lightly used off-lease model.

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #63
        I'm a VAG guy () so I love the four rings. I love the Audi wagons. I'd love an S4 Avant.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • clackamascoug
          Banned
          • Dec 2009
          • 9709

          #64
          The Cayenne/Audi/VW Turaug are all the same. If you could find a TDI Turaug that would be cool, and it wouldn't be a Porsche.

          My fav car was a 740il, but that was a company car and not out of my pocket. E class is a super vehicle and you can find used bargains on those. My wife wrecked ours on my birthday last year, and totalled it. I know everyone is different, but there's no way I'd spend 50k on a car. I'd rather drive a 30k car and join a golf club.

          My most expensive vehicle is a Sprinter van that I can expense. Plus the fact that it pays for itself 6 times a year. Other than that, I stick to my creed of paying 10,000 cash for a good car, and being happy.
          Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM.

          Comment

          • Chadillac
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 36

            #65
            If I had $50k to spend on a car, I know where my money would be going.

            Comment

            • FN Phat
              I ♥ gateway sex
              • Feb 2009
              • 8691

              #66
              Due to my current family dynamic, and if I had $50k to drop on a vehicle, I would go this route.
              I'm your huckleberry.


              "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

              Comment

              • Chadillac
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 36

                #67
                Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                Due to my current family dynamic, and if I had $50k to drop on a vehicle, I would go this route.
                Whoa, that company has done some pretty crazy custom trucks.

                I wonder how much this one cost? I'm guessing well over $50k.

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #68
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  You either love the switch to the cat eye headlights or you hate it. I love it. Such a distinctive look.

                  This thread reminds me of an old thread on CG. Maybe 6 years ago. We were discussing realistic sports cars we wanted to buy. Hyrum chimed in that he wanted a Mazda Miata and NorCal Cat told him it was too feminine. lol.
                  i've looked and miatas on and off for the last year or so. love them.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #69
                    Originally posted by camleish View Post
                    i've looked and miatas on and off for the last year or so. love them.
                    For the budget conscious, I am not sure there is a better little sports car. It is a blast to drive and has great handling. The older Mazdaspeed Miata is particularly sweet.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • old_gregg
                      scaly man fish
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 16915

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      For the budget conscious, I am not sure there is a better little sports car. It is a blast to drive and has great handling. The older Mazdaspeed Miata is particularly sweet.
                      throw one of these guys on there and it would be a blast.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #71
                        whoops! this thread has taken a wrong turn.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #72
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          whoops! this thread has taken a wrong turn.
                          Can't you see bishop v rolling up to work in a miata? I've always pictured him to look exactly like Nathan lane in bball shorts.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #73
                            If you were to change my hypothetical 50K car to a more realistic may-actually-buy 35K car, what would be your choice? New or preferably low mileage (<25,000).

                            Comment

                            • BYUMizzou
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 400

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              If you were to change my hypothetical 50K car to a more realistic may-actually-buy 35K car, what would be your choice? New or preferably low mileage (<25,000).
                              A couple of options:

                              2009 E350

                              '09 E350 Sport - Identical to my current car except 2 years newer and mine has the black walnut trim (which is actually greenish in color) instead of brown

                              2009 A6
                              Last edited by BYUMizzou; 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM.

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                If you were to change my hypothetical 50K car to a more realistic may-actually-buy 35K car, what would be your choice? New or preferably low mileage (<25,000).
                                over your mileage limit, but pretty bad a:

                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=7970216
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8477904
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8477827
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8432146
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8424885
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8427245
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8408136
                                http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=7765618
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...