Which vehicle for 50k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #46
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It appears that you enjoy sedans and vehicles with unisex appeal, including the elderly and moms on their way to Costco.
    Ok, he should get a BMW M5. Elegant with kick arse performance.

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10950

      #47
      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      If I really wanted to up the ante, I could go with one of these. The head international salesman (most all of his sales are in the middle east) is a patient of mine.
      Yeah. I would go with that as well..

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27886

        #48
        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        Really? That is the one Porsche model, I do not like the looks of at all. 911s on the other hand, are like swimsuit models, amazing to look at but out of my league.
        The only Porsche worth buying is a 911. The Cayenne is built for middle-aged women. It screams "Look at me, I'm a woman and married a rich (or debt-laiden) guy!" A Porsche SUV? What's next, a Porsche station wagon? :shakeshead:
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #49
          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          The only Porsche worth buying is a 911. The Cayenne is built for middle-aged women. It screams "Look at me, I'm a woman and married a rich (or debt-laiden) guy!" A Porsche SUV? What's next, a Porsche station wagon? :shakeshead:
          the cayenne turbo s is pretty badass. 0-60 it's faster than an m3.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #50
            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            The only Porsche worth buying is a 911 Turbo.
            FIFY.

            What Shaka said... Go with the M5.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Art Vandelay
              Striving for mediocrity
              • Jul 2009
              • 10516

              #51
              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Yeah. I would go with that as well..
              I'm not sure if the price is listed on the website or not (truly one of the best examples of, if you have to ask, you can't afford it). I think the Tuatara goes for about 1.4 million, give or take 250K. Shelby builds about 14 or 15 a year and have presold all theirs for 2012 and most of 2013. The salesman (Alan, for anyone interested. Tell him I sent you) travels all over the world to high-end car shows; he was heading to Monaco, last time we talked. But admits he drives a Toyota Camry, and thinks its insane anyone would ever pay even half that much for a car.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #52
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Looks-wise, it beats the crap out of most of those sedans on your list.
                The Cayenne has grown on me. Didnt like the look when it first came out but I guess I don't mind it as much now.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  The only Porsche worth buying is a 911. The Cayenne is built for middle-aged women. It screams "Look at me, I'm a woman and married a rich (or debt-laiden) guy!" A Porsche SUV? What's next, a Porsche station wagon? :shakeshead:
                  Dont you drive an entry level BMW?

                  The Panamera is station wagon-esque and it basically dominates. Looked weird at first but still is a kick butt car.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #54
                    Originally posted by camleish View Post
                    the cayenne turbo s is pretty badass. 0-60 it's faster than an m3.
                    The turbo is a surprisingly sweet vehicle. When the cayenne came out I wasnt a fan of the look, but it has grown on me. The only complaint I have about the cayenne is that it is a bumpy ride relative to other luxury SUVs. The Panamera styling was similarly odd to me but now I think they look really cool.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27886

                      #55
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Dont you drive an entry level BMW?

                      The Panamera is station wagon-esque and it basically dominates. Looked weird at first but still is a kick butt car.
                      Yes, I do. I love my car. Personal preference though. Not a lot of women drive 3 series in Houston. Most women tend to drive the Lexus IS or a Mercedes.

                      I don't like the Cayenne because I don't like SUVs. The Murano, Lexus 350, Highlander, Cayenne, X5, whatever, don't appeal to me. I prefer sports cars or at least sporty cars, and I'd love to have a M3 but my income isn't there yet. Maybe next car I'll get one.

                      I was going to mention the Panamera. I actually like the look of that car, but I'd likely not buy/drive one. It's like a sports sedan. Maybe I'll get there one day.

                      FTR, my favorite car of all time is the 911 Turbo. My across-the-street-neighbor drives one. I love everything about that car, except the fact he owns it and I don't
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69714

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        The only Porsche worth buying is a 911. The Cayenne is built for middle-aged women. It screams "Look at me, I'm a woman and married a rich (or debt-laiden) guy!" A Porsche SUV? What's next, a Porsche station wagon? :shakeshead:
                        lol.

                        This thread is hilarious.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #57
                          The Canyonero.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • Coach McGuirk
                            1
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12109

                            #58
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Dont you drive an entry level BMW?

                            The Panamera is station wagon-esque and it basically dominates. Looked weird at first but still is a kick butt car.
                            I really like the Audi A7. Great looking to me, even better than the Panamera.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              I really like the Audi A7. Great looking to me, even better than the Panamera.
                              A7 is a sweet looking car. I really like the look and style of the current Audi slate. I think the R8 styling can hold its own even against traditional designs like Ferrari. The R8 is a head turner if you are lucky enough to see one out in the wild. I was in SF last month and saw a very rare R8 GT Spyder. It was parked outside of the Moscone during the iPad press conference. All black with carbon fiber trim. I had to avert my eyes lest I suffer a fate similar to the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #60
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                A7 is a sweet looking car. I really like the look and style of the current Audi slate. I think the R8 styling can hold its own even against traditional designs like Ferrari. The R8 is a head turner if you are lucky enough to see one out in the wild. I was in SF last month and saw a very rare R8 GT Spyder. It was parked outside of the Moscone during the iPad press conference. All black with carbon fiber trim. I had to avert my eyes lest I suffer a fate similar to the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
                                I agree Audi has done a great job design wise and has improved their reliability scores.

                                I wanted to purchase a A7 but they were a little over what I wanted to spend when I optioned the car out, and there was little availability for lightly used. It is what I wanted and still want, really.

                                Comment

                                Working...