Trip to Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #16
    I can do lunch that Thursday, somewhere in the SL Valley.

    Friday is less likely.

    Comment

    • fusnik
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 4475

      #17
      Garlic burgers.

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10450

        #18
        I'm game. Friday is the best day for me but I might be able to work Thursday depending on the location.

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #19
          Originally posted by fusnik View Post
          Garlic burgers.
          My thought exactly.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • 1337coug
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 578

            #20
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I will be in Utah from July 21-25 helping my siblings remodel my mother's basement.

            I would love to get together for lunch or something if any of you are interested. I would extend a special invite to YOhio, but I'm afraid he'll be in Dayton those dates.
            Grandma is remodeling? I don't know if I should be offended that she doesn't believe in my handiness or glad that I don't have to remodel her basement.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #21
              So I ended up having to drive which took a day out of the time I was expecting to be here. Today is out of the question, if anyone wants to try for lunch tomorrow I could make it work. I am in near Big Cottonwood Canyon, but have a car.

              Sorry IPU, next time.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • Shaka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 10450

                #22
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                So I ended up having to drive which took a day out of the time I was expecting to be here. Today is out of the question, if anyone wants to try for lunch tomorrow I could make it work. I am in near Big Cottonwood Canyon, but have a car.

                Sorry IPU, next time.
                I am free tomorrow.

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  I am free tomorrow.
                  COUGZ and I were going to hit Pat's BBQ on Friday for lunch. We're going early to get burnt ends before they run out.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • Shaka
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 10450

                    #24
                    Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                    COUGZ and I were going to hit Pat's BBQ on Friday for lunch. We're going early to get burnt ends before they run out.
                    I was going to suggest that. Invite YT so we can see his mangled face.

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #25
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      So I ended up having to drive which took a day out of the time I was expecting to be here. Today is out of the question, if anyone wants to try for lunch tomorrow I could make it work. I am in near Big Cottonwood Canyon, but have a car.

                      Sorry IPU, next time.
                      It's my loss, but no worries. I'll be there in spirit with you folks.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • beefytee
                        Board eye candy
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 7542

                        #26
                        Good to hear, because my plans got filled today as well.

                        I should be able to do tomorrow.

                        Comment

                        • I.J. Reilly
                          Nobody's Fool
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 2949

                          #27
                          Let me know what's going to go down and I will make a real effort to be there.

                          Comment

                          • clackamascoug
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9709

                            #28
                            From Eugene, how do you drive to SLC?

                            Portland to SLC is like a red carpet special.

                            Comment

                            • Color Me Badd Fan
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 12519

                              #29
                              Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              From Eugene, how do you drive to SLC?

                              Portland to SLC is like a red carpet special.
                              I'm not sure what you mean by red carpet special, but there aren't many drives (Western Texas along I-10 is supposedly one of them) that are more miserable than the Eastern 2/3 of Oregon. The speed limit, IIRC, is 60mph and Oregon has cops all over the place. Few if any drivers go much over 65. And that stretch of freeway is about as desolate as the stretch between Vegas and Barstow.

                              My dad got a ticket for going 70 and he was actually only doing about 63 (I was in the car with him and I looked at his speedometer when he drove by the cop). The cop who gave him the ticket wasn't actually in his car when my dad drove by him (he was examining something on his car). A white suburban was definitely going over 70 and the cop confused us for the white suburban.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                              Comment

                              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                                Time to camp
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26082

                                #30
                                Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                From Eugene, how do you drive to SLC?

                                Portland to SLC is like a red carpet special.
                                Highway 20 through Bend, Burns, Ontario. Then down I84 to I15.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

                                Comment

                                Working...