Best iPhone/iPod Apps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LA Ute
    Receiver of Memory
    • Nov 2008
    • 19512

    #766
    I have had this one for some time and it's great, but I use the keyboard only once in a blue moon. (The onscreen keypad is a lot easier for me to use than i thought it would be.) The Bluetooth keyboard adds too much bulk to be worth carrying it around all the time, but I'll hang on to the thing for those occasions when I do want a keyboard.

    Your one-stop destination for the very best new products in massage & personal care, home, travel, gifts, and more.


    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden


    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #767
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I didnt want to say anything It reminds me of that note pad case you get from your mom in college so that you can interview for your first job. You use it a few times and then you find it in your garage 6 or 8 years later.

      What's with that umbilical cord appendage?
      Yep, it's a standard black leather folio.

      The umbilical cord is commonly called a "tag."
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #768
        a tag. i see. so when someone finds your lost iPad, they know where to mail it? Or does it have your blood type and social security number?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #769
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          a tag. i see. so when someone finds your lost iPad, they know where to mail it? Or does it have your blood type and social security number?
          Like an umbilical cord, you cut it off.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #770
            Thanks to whatever jackass in this thread turned me on to Temple Run. Stupid time eating addictive app.

            During lunch, I had a ridiculous run. Score of 12.8 million.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • SteelBlue
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 8189

              #771
              Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              Thanks to whatever jackass in this thread turned me on to Temple Run. Stupid time eating addictive app.

              During lunch, I had a ridiculous run. Score of 12.8 million.
              Really wish there were checkpoints in that game. I hate starting over every time.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #772
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Thanks to whatever jackass in this thread turned me on to Temple Run. Stupid time eating addictive app.

                During lunch, I had a ridiculous run. Score of 12.8 million.
                That would be me.

                PS wait. hey!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • bluegoose
                  7th round draft pick
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4121

                  #773
                  Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                  Thanks to whatever jackass in this thread turned me on to Temple Run. Stupid time eating addictive app.

                  During lunch, I had a ridiculous run. Score of 12.8 million.
                  Agreed. I just looked at my stats:

                  Highest Score: 4,001,800
                  Longest Run: 13,810m
                  Most Coins: 6,846

                  Total games: 1,047
                  Total Distance: 1,506,285m
                  Total Coins: 406876

                  Some of those were my kids, but rest assured, the majority of those 1k+ games were me.

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #774
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • fusnik
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4475

                      #775
                      Thats a horrid cover.

                      Why are you wanting to cover such a pretty device with dog shit?

                      What are you protecting it from?

                      How hard is it to not bang the corners? It's a hand holdable device not a couch that you are trying to maneuver around corners in a narrow hall.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69711

                        #776


                        iPad cover fashionistas. This place is just like Junior High sometimes.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Pheidippides
                          Liberal Feminazi
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14759

                          #777
                          Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          Agreed. I just looked at my stats:

                          Highest Score: 4,001,800
                          Longest Run: 13,810m
                          Most Coins: 6,846

                          Total games: 1,047
                          Total Distance: 1,506,285m
                          Total Coins: 406876

                          Some of those were my kids, but rest assured, the majority of those 1k+ games were me.
                          My stats (all mine):

                          Highest score: 12,822,660
                          Longest run: 36,942m
                          Most coins: 19,527

                          (all from the same game at lunch)

                          Total games: 412 (most in line at WDW)
                          Total distance: 1,048,179
                          Total coins: 358,559

                          I am suspicious of the dude's speed. That max distance is 6k meter short of a full marathon...in only a few minutes.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #778
                            Report: iPad 3 in March
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • SteelBlue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8189

                              #779
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


                              iPad cover fashionistas. This place is just like Junior High sometimes.
                              Worse. I keep thinking they're kidding. Please tell me they're kidding.

                              Comment

                              • Indy Coug
                                Heartless Bastard
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 18747

                                #780
                                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                Wake me when they get to iPad 10s.
                                Everything in life is an approximation.

                                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                                Comment

                                Working...