Best iPhone/iPod Apps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #391
    Keynote Remote app.

    This thing kicked butt today. Go get it if you do presentations.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • ERCougar
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10978

      #392
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Keynote Remote app.

      This thing kicked butt today. Go get it if you do presentations.
      I'd heard about this one...I might actually get it. Can you save things in .ppt format?
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #393
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        I'd heard about this one...I might actually get it. Can you save things in .ppt format?
        my understanding is that it only works with apple stuff, so no ppt, only keynote.

        It is bulletproof and so easy to use. freaking awesome.

        I actually used an iPhone, not the iPad (not my phone). It is easier to carry the phone and walk around in front of the big screen. Anyhow, the app shows you your notes on each slide (if you want to have talking points, etc but not make them appear on the slide), it shows you the upcoming slide and the previous slide. Change slides with the swipe of the screen. Fantastic.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #394
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          my understanding is that it only works with apple stuff, so no ppt, only keynote.

          It is bulletproof and so easy to use. freaking awesome.

          I actually used an iPhone, not the iPad (not my phone). It is easier to carry the phone and walk around in front of the big screen. Anyhow, the app shows you your notes on each slide (if you want to have talking points, etc but not make them appear on the slide), it shows you the upcoming slide and the previous slide. Change slides with the swipe of the screen. Fantastic.
          Keynote on Macs can save as .ppt file.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #395
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Keynote on Macs can save as .ppt file.
            really? ok, then there you go. It works!

            But you definitely need an apple computer, no? you cant use the app on a PC, i dont think.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #396
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              really? ok, then there you go. It works!

              But you definitely need an apple computer, no? you cant use the app on a PC, i dont think.
              Correct. It can open and save .ppt files. I assume it is the same on the iPad version.

              One thing that really sucks about Keynote is that they no longer allow you to export a presentation as .swf. Previous versions did. I suppose this was part of Apple's tiff with Adobe. Thankfully OOo Impress can handle this for me.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #397
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Correct. It can open and save .ppt files. I assume it is the same on the iPad version.
                Yes, Keynote for the iPad supports .ppt files.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #398
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  really? ok, then there you go. It works!

                  But you definitely need an apple computer, no? you cant use the app on a PC, i dont think.
                  What I need is a backup for the 50% of the time when the primary system doesn't work. I also need to save a backup copy in ppt format on the shared drive for people to refer to later. Could I make it work with an apple tv unit and an ipad? Or does it have to interface through a mac?
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • CJF
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8497

                    #399
                    So I just found out that I can get for about $10 about 50 gigs worth of apps and movies on the blackmarket. I'm taking my iPad in next weekend and filling it up.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #400
                      Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      So I just found out that I can get for about $10 about 50 gigs worth of apps and movies on the blackmarket. I'm taking my iPad in next weekend and filling it up.
                      Interesting. Do they jailbreak your iPad to fill it up with apps?

                      FYI, if they do jailbreak your iPad I believe the only jailbreak that is available for iOS 4.2.X is a tethered jailbreak. This means you have to keep your iPad charged and be careful not to turn it off. If you do you have to re-jailbreak it. Just a heads up.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #401
                        Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        So I just found out that I can get for about $10 about 50 gigs worth of apps and movies on the blackmarket. I'm taking my iPad in next weekend and filling it up.
                        Do you want all those apps? What do they all do?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #402
                          just noticed there is an update to Handbrake. Woot!

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #403
                            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            just noticed there is an update to Handbrake. Woot!
                            Is it an app?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #404
                              Space Ghost pointed this one out to me today...

                              Google Translate. You speak and it translates. It seems to do OK with the limited french and spanish that my wife and I know. So it might be good enough to get me to a bathroom in a place that has limited english support.

                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #405
                                i downloaded a couple of apps earlier:

                                -livestrong, which seems like a good way to track calories/exercise. it syncs with the online account, which means i can enter the information whenever i have a minute. the best part is the pretty extensive database of foods.

                                -mercury browser-firefox clone. i like the the tabbed browsing, and the more non-mobile browser feel of it. better than atomic or whatever that other thing was.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...