Utah at SJSU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #16
    Thank goodness. A Utah loss here would not be a good thing.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #17
      There you go! Just needed the color commentator to jinx the speed and quickness of SJSU' defense.

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #18
        I am not watching it anymore. Just following online. But I imagine that long TD pass was a 10 yard pass with 40 YAC. No?
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #19
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I am not watching it anymore. Just following online. But I imagine that long TD pass was a 10 yard pass with 40 YAC. No?

          Pretty much, as in exactly.



          That was a scary moment on the kickoff. Wow he was OUT.

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15664

            #20
            "Disconcerting signals." What, were they pointing to the scoreboard?
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • SoonerCoug
              Joycelyn Elders Supporter
              • Nov 2008
              • 4680

              #21
              Love the penalty on Utah:

              Delay of game on the defense--disconcerting signals to confuse the offense.
              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

              http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15664

                #22
                Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                Love the penalty on Utah:

                Delay of game on the defense--disconcerting signals to confuse the offense.
                Perhaps they employed the digitus impudicus.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • All-American
                  Right, as Usual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 15664

                  #23
                  I'm about to send a disconcerting signal to these announcers. What idiots.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                  Comment

                  • All-American
                    Right, as Usual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 15664

                    #24
                    They didn't let Vroman make that last field goal? Mistake. He'll be thinking about this game a long, long time now.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #25
                      So, I don't get EspnU so I have been listening to the radio. A few thoughts:

                      UGLY!!

                      1. Can we think of some other play than Asiata left or right when we get to the goalline? How many times in 2 years has he given up the ball. The defense only has 1 read. Where is asiata?

                      2. I have said since Feb that I worry more about replacing Sakoda than Johnson. Vroman was nowhere near to mark.

                      3. WR fumbling... yuck!

                      4. Let Cain run more. the read option has a chance to be a staple play for us.

                      We will see if Schramm can get some variety when short and goal next week. I will take a win, but red zone and place kicking has me developing ulcers tonight.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        4. Let Cain run more. the read option has a chance to be a staple play for us.
                        There were lots of opportunities for Cain to run. He just didn't.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          There were lots of opportunities for Cain to run. He just didn't.
                          That is the trouble with radio i can't see what is going on with a specific play.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • CJF
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8497

                            #28
                            I had a bad feeling about this game. I'm glad I was wrong and Utah won. Ugly games happen. Especially in trap games on the road. If Utah gets their kicking issues squared away, they're a very good team again this year.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                            Comment

                            • Jarid in Cedar
                              CS Institutional Memory
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 13234

                              #29
                              For anyone who could actually watch the game. Was the Asiata fumble in the 1st quarter(the play that was overturned) actually a fumble? The radio guys were going nuts, but that doesn't help much.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                              -Rick Majerus

                              Comment

                              • il Padrino Ute
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19161

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                For anyone who could actually watch the game. Was the Asiata fumble in the 1st quarter(the play that was overturned) actually a fumble? The radio guys were going nuts, but that doesn't help much.
                                Yes, it was a fumble. The replay official got it right.
                                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                                Comment

                                Working...