The official Miami v. Florida State thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15669

    #106
    Well, this takes a little luster off of the showdown in Provo. Hopefully, a close loss to a big-named opponent won't drop the currently 18th ranked team below 25. If not, pounding Jacksonville State probably won't get them enough credit to crack the rankings again.

    BYU will be favored going into the game, but Florida State has more than enough speed and firepower to beat them. There are serious holes in the defense that an experienced, efficient offense should be able to exploit. Look for Chambers to have a big game with some quick slants and screens. If the defense can play solid, stay on their assignments, and keep the yards after catch low, BYU should win it.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37988

      #107
      Originally posted by All-American View Post
      Well, this takes a little luster off of the showdown in Provo. Hopefully, a close loss to a big-named opponent won't drop the currently 18th ranked team below 25. If not, pounding Jacksonville State probably won't get them enough credit to crack the rankings again.

      BYU will be favored going into the game, but Florida State has more than enough speed and firepower to beat them. There are serious holes in the defense that an experienced, efficient offense should be able to exploit. Look for Chambers to have a big game with some quick slants and screens. If the defense can play solid, stay on their assignments, and keep the yards after catch low, BYU should win it.
      I'm thinking FSU will be at about 24 or 25 tomorrow. Maybe up to 23 or even 21 by the time they come to Provo.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15669

        #108
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I'm thinking FSU will be at about 24 or 25 tomorrow. Maybe up to 23 or even 21 by the time they come to Provo.
        I sure hope so. The perfect scenario is that they're ranked when we play them, we beat them, and then they climb back into the rankings before the end of the year.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #109
          On a positive, Bobby Bowden finally has a guy that looks like he can actually make a FG.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15669

            #110
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            On a positive, Bobby Bowden finally has a guy that looks like he can actually make a FG.
            Now he just needs a guy who can catch it on his knees when wide open in the end zone as time expires.

            I'm pretty sure that happened once in a BYU game, didn't it?
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #111
              Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Now he just needs a guy who can catch it on his knees when wide open in the end zone as time expires.

              I'm pretty sure that happened once in a BYU game, didn't it?
              The guy who is still open? Yes, it would have helped FSU tonight.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              Working...