Let's play Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Who are three robots who have never been in my kitchen?
    I will allow it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Who are three robots who have never been in my kitchen?
      So you have a rule against reading cougarbook in your kitchen? That's a weird rule to have.

Comment

So I guess being a contestant on Jeopardy does not immunize one against the crazy.

I’ll Take ‘White Supremacist Hand Gestures’ for $1,000
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          So I guess being a contestant on Jeopardy does not immunize one against the crazy.

I work mostly around academics. They are fairly nice and take their academics work very seriously. They work in the hard sciences and data means everything. But al.oat to a person They are progressive and believe some absolute batshit conspiracy theories about anyone not progressive. As humans, you really have to actively work not to be tribal. No one is above it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

I don't pretend to know the intentions of that Jeopardy contestant, but it's odd when a person using hand gestures to signify the number "3", doesn't employ the index, middle and ring fingers.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I don't pretend to know the intentions of that Jeopardy contestant, but it's odd when a person using hand gestures to signify the number "3", doesn't employ the index, middle and ring fingers.
              Yeah, ASL is odd:

The sign for "three" or "3" in ASL is done with the thumb, index finger, and middle finger.
              When signed in isolation it is (generally) done palm back.
              When signed as part of a series of numbers it is done palm forward.

three.gif
              https://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pag...palm%20forward.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                not to mention every basketball player who has ever made a three pointer using the middle, ring and pinky fingers.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I can't do it that way. My little finger doesn't bend enough. I have to do it the way he did it.

Such a ridiculous controversy.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                  X