X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to unleash the firesides.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      If BYU was in a conference we could afford the type of patience you are suggesting. As an independent, BYU needs to play better now.

Can you explain why independence somehow engenders a greater sense of urgency for improvement than being in a conference? I seriously don't understand independence and the urgency for improvement have to do with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Can you explain why independence somehow engenders a greater sense of urgency for improvement than being in a conference? I seriously don't understand independence and the urgency for improvement have to do with each other.
        I'd agree with tooblue if the alternative were the big 12. But it's not, so that's that.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

BYU football's irrelevance is even more pronounced as an independent.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            I'd agree with tooblue if the alternative were the big 12. But it's not, so that's that.
            Big 12 or bust. There is no going back to the MWC.*

*NOTE: I don't want BYU to go back to the MWC, or to join any like conference. The path that has been chosen is independence. I support the choice, and as a supporter I expect progress now. Also, BYU was NEVER going to be invited into the PAC12. Utah's success is the biggest factor in them getting an invite, followed by the fact: Utah is not BYU culturally or politically.
            Last edited by tooblue; 09-17-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Big 12 or bust. There is no going back to the MWC.*

*NOTE: I don't want BYU to go back to the MWC, or to join any like conference. The path that has been chosen is independence. I support the choice, and as a supporter I expect progress now. Also, BYU was NEVER going to be invited into the PAC12. Utah's success is the biggest factor in them getting an invite, followed by the fact: Utah is not BYU culturally or politically.
              That path was chosen as a stopgap when it was considered inevitable that we would soon get a P5 invite. That is no longer the case. Everything is on the table at this point.

Comment

• In this game, they brought in Kafentzis for that wildcat play. The next play, he lined up as a running back and got the hand off. Was that a case of Ty saying, that wildcat play turned out pretty good, what the hell, line him as a RB and try it again? If so... what the??? If not, what was going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  That path was chosen as a stopgap when it was considered inevitable that we would soon get a P5 invite. That is no longer the case. Everything is on the table at this point.
                  First, know thy self! BYU will never be admitted to a P5 conference, not as it presently is. BYU is Navy, not Boise State. Hey, that's an idea; what about hiring Navy's coach? I've not seen a bigger coaching hire error than BYU's de facto rejection of Navy's coach for this staff.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    First, know thy self! BYU will never be admitted to a P5 conference, not as it presently is. BYU is Navy, not Boise State. Hey, that's an idea; what about hiring Navy's coach? I've not seen a bigger coaching hire error than BYU's de facto rejection of Navy's coach for this staff.
                    What could be worse than being a BYU fan right now? Being a Utah fan, who believes in their heart of hearts they are relevant, but are too delusional to recognize that their second place finish in conference a few years ago was as good as it will EVER get.

Comment

What could be worse than being a BYU fan right now? Being a Utah fan, who believes in their heart of hearts they are relevant, but are too delusional to recognize that their second place finish in conference a few years ago was as good as it will EVER get.
                      Ha ha. Stop projecting your self-loathing misery onto me. Everything I've written about these Utes and Whit demonstrates that I have no illusions about Utah's place in the DI/P5 ecosystem and am perfectly content with it. I don't like your energy. Get the hence.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Ha ha. Stop projecting your self-loathing misery onto me. Everything I've written about these Utes and Whit demonstrates that I have no illusions about Utah's place in the DI/P5 ecosystem and am perfectly content with it. I don't like your energy. Get the hence.
                        ummm, this is a thread about a BYU game. So if anyone deserves the 'get thee hence' treatment it is a ute who doesnt attend games.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          ummm, this is a thread about a BYU game. So if anyone deserves the 'get thee hence' treatment it is a ute who doesnt attend games.
                          Why did he bring up the Utes. I am just trying to help. But what I said ought to be a banality by now. As a Ute fan, I don't want BYU to hire Navy's coach.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Why did he bring up the Utes. I am just trying to help. But what I said ought to be a banality by now. As a Ute fan, I don't want BYU to hire Navy's coach.
                            Yes, your helpfulness is legendary.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I was actually just wondering where the hell you ran off to. I guess this is the treatment we get these days: come by just to give us a kick in the teeth while we're down.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I was actually just wondering where the hell you ran off to. I guess this is the treatment we get these days: come by just to give us a kick in the teeth while we're down.
                                That's unfair to SU!! He tries to kick us in the teeth whether we are up OR down.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X