Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #976
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    if he gets away with it i don't care if he pays players to get them here
    And my point would be that he won't be paying off anyone if he is coaching at BYU.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • San Juan Sun
      Kicked to the curb
      • Dec 2009
      • 9214

      #977
      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      I think most on here would agree with you and probably TH as well. But does he have the juice to sell that the the University Pres and probably the BOT? I seriously doubt it.
      I disagree. Church loves positive press and the Sark Rehabilitation Project would bring tons of it. It's a love the sinner/hate the sin nocturnal emission.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

      - Ty Cobb

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #978
        I have no inside info but there is absolutely no way the church hires Sark. It will not happen. A public drunk suing his last employer who is now in rehab? Which general authority would endorse that hire for the church's flagship institution? Let me help with the answer: none of them.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #979
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I have no inside info but there is absolutely no way the church hires Sark. It will not happen. A public drunk suing his last employer who is now in rehab? Which general authority would endorse that hire for the church's flagship institution? Let me help with the answer: none of them.
          Weird because it sounds like the kind of people Jesus wants to help. Maybe you and him are just different in that respect.

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #980
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Weird because it sounds like the kind of people Jesus wants to help. Maybe you and him are just different in that respect.
            No, Jesus wants to help me, too. I'm sure of it
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • Pelado
              Bald not naked
              • Sep 2010
              • 21141

              #981
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              No, Jesus wants to help me, too. I'm sure of it
              Some are beyond help.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

              Comment

              • creekster
                It is NOT a monkey!
                • Nov 2008
                • 22661

                #982
                Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Some are beyond help.
                Stop it! I need a safe space now!
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69703

                  #983
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  I have no inside info but there is absolutely no way the church hires Sark. It will not happen. A public drunk suing his last employer who is now in rehab? Which general authority would endorse that hire for the church's flagship institution? Let me help with the answer: none of them.
                  It's funny that this needs explaining to people.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #984
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    It's funny that this needs explaining to people.
                    That is funny!!!

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69703

                      #985
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      That is funny!!!
                      Yes, it is!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • kccougar
                        9262
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7020

                        #986


                        Make your bets - Ken turned down the job and Holmoe is moving on to Choice #2 or Ken said yes and Tom is going to try to convice Kalani to make a lateral move for less money all in the name of BYU Sports.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #987
                          If Ken turned them down can you imagine anyone with more leverage than KS? Open up that checkbook and ask the donors to increase their down line!!!
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • ByronMarchant
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • 360

                            #988
                            Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            I have no inside info but there is absolutely no way the church hires Sark. It will not happen. A public drunk suing his last employer who is now in rehab? Which general authority would endorse that hire for the church's flagship institution? Let me help with the answer: none of them.
                            Great post.

                            Comment

                            • jay santos
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 13652

                              #989
                              Originally posted by kccougar View Post


                              Make your bets - Ken turned down the job and Holmoe is moving on to Choice #2 or Ken said yes and Tom is going to try to convice Kalani to make a lateral move for less money all in the name of BYU Sports.
                              I'm going with #3 Ken is asking for too much, so Holmoe's bringing in Sitake to negotiate Ken N down.

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #990
                                If Ken was as in as people said he was in, then we're gonna need a D Coordinator!
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...