Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Crockett
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 850

    #961
    So good:

    Comment

    • Eddie
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 8098

      #962
      Originally posted by Crockett View Post
      What might be even more of a concern is the fact that he's suing USC for firing him when it's his own fault he got fired. Spare me the disability legal argument. Sark cocked it up. He should man up and move on.
      I don't know the details, obviously, but I could see Sark making an argument that he and Haden agreed that he would get treatment, he went off for treatment, and then was fired while in treatment - without any new incident. And that is why he is claiming that he was fired due to disability.

      Now - he could've/should've been fired maybe after the booster event. Or after the booster event and USC discovering from players that him drinking in the locker room or before/during games, etc., was not all that unusual. And the reality is that maybe USC did a little more investigating once Sark was off in treatment and decided that he had been drinking on the job enough that he had crossed the line.

      But it wouldn't be a stretch for him to say that when he left to go into treatment, they had an understanding that he would return to work after rehab. And nothing changed after that agreement was made to get him fired.

      Doesn't change the reality that it would be shocking for BYU to hire a guy who still should be in rehab as their OC.

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10450

        #963
        Personally I think BYU assisting in the reclamation of Sark would be a great thing. I say hire him.

        Comment

        • Omaha 680
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 11183

          #964
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Personally I think BYU assisting in the reclamation of Sark would be a great thing. I say hire him.
          I think most on here would agree with you and probably TH as well. But does he have the juice to sell that the the University Pres and probably the BOT? I seriously doubt it.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 38003

            #965
            Let's announce this thing already.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #966
              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I think most on here would agree with you and probably TH as well. But does he have the juice to sell that the the University Pres and probably the BOT? I seriously doubt it.
              I think he has plenty of that
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Crockett
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 850

                #967
                Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                I don't know the details, obviously, but I could see Sark making an argument that he and Haden agreed that he would get treatment, he went off for treatment, and then was fired while in treatment - without any new incident. And that is why he is claiming that he was fired due to disability.

                Now - he could've/should've been fired maybe after the booster event. Or after the booster event and USC discovering from players that him drinking in the locker room or before/during games, etc., was not all that unusual. And the reality is that maybe USC did a little more investigating once Sark was off in treatment and decided that he had been drinking on the job enough that he had crossed the line.

                But it wouldn't be a stretch for him to say that when he left to go into treatment, they had an understanding that he would return to work after rehab. And nothing changed after that agreement was made to get him fired.

                Doesn't change the reality that it would be shocking for BYU to hire a guy who still should be in rehab as their OC.
                You make some good points. If it indeed went down something like that, then that would be a different situation and not so smarmy / money-grubbin' / vindictive.

                Otherwise, I share Shaka's view -- if Sark really has turned a corner and is genuinely trying to turn his life around then I'd love for BYU to take a chance on him and help him get his life turned around and re-established. That'd be a win-win. I'm not an expert in rehab and don't know if it's too soon in the process, though.

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #968
                  i do not care about sark, his drug or alcohol habits, his marriage, his poor legal judgment, his religion, etc., at all. i do care that sark can recruit and probably coach an offense.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #969
                    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    i do not care about sark, his drug or alcohol habits, his marriage, his poor legal judgment, his religion, etc., at all. i do care that sark can recruit and probably coach an offense.
                    I would be curious about how well Sark can recruit without a bagman or the USC logo helping him out.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • BigFatMeanie
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7121

                      #970
                      Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      i do not care about sark, his drug or alcohol habits, his marriage, his poor legal judgment, his religion, etc., at all. i do care that sark can recruit and probably coach an offense.
                      What you care about, Sark's ability to recruit and coach an offense, is probably the last thing that the BYU president and Board of Trustees care about.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #971
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        I would be curious about how well Sark can recruit without a bagman or the USC logo helping him out.
                        he had top 25 classes at uw
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • Northwestcoug
                          Cocked and Loaded
                          • May 2011
                          • 18039

                          #972
                          Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          What you care about, Sark's ability to recruit and coach an offense, is probably the last thing that the BYU president and Board of Trustees care about.
                          Reality crashing down!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #973
                            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            he had top 25 classes at uw
                            And that is the bagman question. There were plenty of open concerns with how he was landing some of the players, especially after he brought in Tosh Lupoi as an assistant.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • Topper
                              Pre-Historic Man
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 11764

                              #974
                              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              i do not care about sark, his drug or alcohol habits, his marriage, his poor legal judgment, his religion, etc., at all. i do care that sark can recruit and probably coach an offense.
                              We are in agreement on this. If he can benefit BYU and in the process be a balm of Gilead to Sark, the prodigal son should return home, but only if he meets the first two requirements for returning, his recruiting connections and ability to coach an offense.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #975
                                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                And that is the bagman question. There were plenty of open concerns with how he was landing some of the players, especially after he brought in Tosh Lupoi as an assistant.
                                if he gets away with it i don't care if he pays players to get them here
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...