"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #3316
    BYU would not be no. 23 on composite based on those three three star recruits however you spin it. So maybe the explanation is that Igor is counted because, per your information, he's counted on other sites.

    But my only point is only this: Maybe BYU is the new Oregon. But we have yet to see evidence of the assumetry its propaganda machine--both official and professional and issued by its cult following--is touting. One thing we've learned, in any context nowadays a snapshot in time may mean nothing about what's to transpire in coming years.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69684

      #3317
      Cult following. Lol.

      SU, I am very happy for you that Utah was able to retain your basketball coach.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #3318
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Cult following. Lol.

        SU, I am very happy for you that Utah was able to retain your basketball coach.
        One track mind. This discussion is about BYU, not Utah. But I'm satisided with Utah's coach.

        I've always admired Pope. And I understand fully how hard it is to coach college basketball in the state of Utah. But he didn't really put BYU on the national stage. I think Oregon would not have lost him.

        Jury is 100 percent out on your new coach. He'd have been too risky for my comfort. I like proven head coaching success and that's all I'd hire, But BYU has constraints. Coach Young has never been a head coach in college basketball. He briefly coached in the NBA minor leagues and didn't set it on fire.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8189

          #3319
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Jury is 100 percent out on your new coach. He'd have been too risky for my comfort. I like proven head coaching success and that's all I'd hire, But BYU has constraints. Coach Young has never been a head coach in college basketball. He briefly coached in the NBA minor leagues and didn't set it on fire.
          This I agree with. No guarantees he will be good and this may all last just one season. However, as a lifelong fan this feels like a dream. Even if it doesn’t work, it’s a ton of fun believing it might.

          I also agree about Pope and I think most would. In one year in the Big 12 he made byu hoops a legit destination. I’m glad he got his dream job. I’m also glad we’ve got a guy who might take us places we’ve never been.

          Comment

          • Lost Student
            BAND!
            • Nov 2008
            • 4324

            #3320
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

            One track mind. This discussion is about BYU, not Utah. But I'm satisided with Utah's coach.

            I've always admired Pope. And I understand fully how hard it is to coach college basketball in the state of Utah. But he didn't really put BYU on the national stage. I think Oregon would not have lost him.

            Jury is 100 percent out on your new coach. He'd have been too risky for my comfort. I like proven head coaching success and that's all I'd hire, But BYU has constraints. Coach Young has never been a head coach in college basketball. He briefly coached in the NBA minor leagues and didn't set it on fire.
            In that case, the Eagles of Oxford College of Emory University is wondering who was actually coaching their team back in 2005!
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #3321
              I like the name. Coach Young. It's a good fit.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #3322
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I like the name. Coach Young. It's a good fit.

                Comment

                • Clark Addison
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10305

                  #3323

                  Comment

                  • SteelBlue
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8189

                    #3324


                    This article seems to confirm that Egor Demin cannot have figured into the overall recruiting rankings.

                    If BYU were to land Catchings, he would be the highest rated recruit in program history according to 247’s composite rankings (unless Egor Demin gets a rating).

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #3325
                      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2024/...ransfer-portal

                      This article seems to confirm that Egor Demin cannot have figured into the overall recruiting rankings.
                      Maybe you're both wrong. Why is this propagandizer any authority?

                      How on earth could BYU have a no. 23 ranking for HS recruits with only two three stars? You haven't explained that.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • SteelBlue
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8189

                        #3326
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

                        Maybe you're both wrong. Why is this propagandizer any authority?

                        How on earth could BYU have a no. 23 ranking for HS recruits with only two three stars? You haven't explained that.
                        How can one figure into a math formula without numbers? You haven’t explained that.

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #3327

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #3328


                            Good for Utah Utes standing up against the woke mob and sticking with their guy despite his racist past.

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37973

                              #3329
                              What is the benefit of announcing this, unless Kyle is on his last year in the program.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • BigPiney
                                Huge Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12365

                                #3330
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post


                                Good for Utah Utes standing up against the woke mob and sticking with their guy despite his racist past.

                                Comment

                                Working...