"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Probably should be pointed out that the WCC and PAC-12 both have two tourney wins so far.
    You guys have fallen in hard times if this is all you have left.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      What makes you think this is all we have left? Thats rather myopic. Is all you have left the last post in some thread on Utahby5? But thanks for your concern.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

lol, you don't believe that.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          What makes you think this is all we have left? Thats rather myopic. Is all you have left the last post in some thread on Utahby5? But thanks for your concern.
          Who said I was concerned?

(Btw, you have become much more salty in my absence....I like that)
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Oh, you have no idea...
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Isn't salt a preservative? He is getting up there in age.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  lol, you don't believe that.
                  I guess I am surprised at how some people here are living off of reflected glory.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Oh, you have no idea...
                    Let's see, whats that hackneyed phrase? Oh yes, I remember:

Oh Brother.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I guess I am surprised at how some people here are living off of reflected glory.
                      No you aren't. Anyone without Pac-12 stickers plastered over their glasses recognizes the way that Utah has attempted to Big-Time BYU at every turn. Watching Utah get demoralized by a double-digit seed from the lowly WCC is all kinds of delicious schadenfreude.
                      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• -----------------------
                        Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 10:29 AM.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Why? It feels so warm and toasty.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            I'm firmly in the camp of keeping the rivalry going. However, big timing byu is straight up good for business. The Utes should use this advantage against byu. Saying otherwise is like the Ute fans that get pissed that byu pushed the church angle.

The problem isn't the big timing, it is the execution of it.
                            Not everything that is good for business is something that should be done.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Let's see, whats that hackneyed phrase? Oh yes, I remember:

Oh Brother.
                              A salty response.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                I'm firmly in the camp of keeping the rivalry going. However, big timing byu is straight up good for business. The Utes should use this advantage against byu. Saying otherwise is like the Ute fans that get pissed that byu pushed the church angle.

The problem isn't the big timing, it is the execution of it.
                                I could respect this response if utah administrators and coaches had the balls to come out and say it. P:ssies.

Comment

Working...
                                X