The Case for Kalani Sitake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #346
    Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    The funniest part of the replay was the crowd erupting in a cheer when the referee announced that the "ruling on the field was confirmed. Touchdown."

    Uh, not that touchdown, guys.
    lol. That is amazing.

    Finally saw the play last night. It was the Play of the Week on Q It Up Sports. First time I've ever seen a Ute highlight on local sports.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #347
      Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      Disagree. Clay's play likely did cost the Utes the game. I'm not sure if Utah would have won up 14-0, but it would have been a dogfight from there.

      I am sure that Utah could not beat Oregon if they gift 14 points on one play. That was insurmountable.
      See HFN, this is what I'm talking about. A 14-0 lead means that Oregon wasn't going to make any adjustments and that the rest of the game was going to be a dogfight. Lol. Ask Michigan state about having a lead on oregon and how much of a dogfight that game turned out to be in the end.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69676

        #348
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        A 14-0 lead on the Ducks is nothing, absolutely nothing.
        "absolutely nothing"? Really?

        How about 21 points? 28 points? Where do we start registering on the something scale?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #349
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          lol. That is amazing.

          Finally saw the play last night. It was the Play of the Week on Q It Up Sports. First time I've ever seen a Ute highlight on local sports.
          After the game Clay came out and made a mea culpa statement, saying something to the effect of "my teammates won't say it and my coaches won't say it but that loss on me." Afterward in Travis wilsons interview and whits interview, both of them said multiple times that it was a huge mistake.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69676

            #350
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            See HFN, this is what I'm talking about. A 14-0 lead means that Oregon wasn't going to make any adjustments and that the rest of the game was going to be a dogfight. Lol. Ask Michigan state about having a lead on oregon and how much of a dogfight that game turned out to be in the end.
            No kidding. Just ask Arizona how worthless a lead is against Oregon when they went ahead to start the game and then later were up 24-14 and then .... wait a minute. Never mind.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69676

              #351
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              After the game Clay came out and made a mea culpa statement, saying something to the effect of "my teammates won't say it and my coaches won't say it but that loss on me." Afterward in Travis wilsons interview and whits interview, both of them said multiple times that it was a huge mistake.
              It is not often you see a legit 14-pt mistake. Especially not like that.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #352
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                It is not often you see a legit 14-pt mistake. Especially not like that.
                Under Armour must be thrilled to get the free pub!

                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #353
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  No kidding. Just ask Arizona how worthless a lead is against Oregon when they went ahead to start the game and then later were up 24-14 and then .... wait a minute. Never mind.
                  That was in the first quarter? No a 14-0 deficit in the first quarter doesn't worry me as a Duck fan, I was more nervous about the game when Utah closed it to 3 in the 4th than I was being down 14-0 before the chaos of the Clay play.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8784

                    #354
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    See HFN, this is what I'm talking about. A 14-0 lead means that Oregon wasn't going to make any adjustments and that the rest of the game was going to be a dogfight. Lol. Ask Michigan state about having a lead on oregon and how much of a dogfight that game turned out to be in the end.
                    The line I got this morning was that Oregon is like 3 - 20 or something when down by 14 points, "The odds were in Utah's favor had it been 14-0". This Utah team has already shown this season that a 21 point lead isn't insurmountable for opposing teams. I agree with Funk, Utah wasn't going to win this game anyway. No shame in losing to Oregon. This Utah team probably finishes 8-4 going in to the bowl game.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69676

                      #355
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      That was in the first quarter? No a 14-0 deficit in the first quarter doesn't worry me as a Duck fan, I was more nervous about the game when Utah closed it to 3 in the 4th than I was being down 14-0 before the chaos of the Clay play.
                      Sure. Oregon can make up points in a hurry. Except when they can't. Like the Arizona game.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #356
                        Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        The line I got this morning was that Oregon is like 3 - 20 or something when down by 14 points, "The odds were in Utah's favor had it been 14-0". This Utah team has already shown this season that a 21 point lead isn't insurmountable for opposing teams. I agree with Funk, Utah wasn't going to win this game anyway. NO shame in losing to Oregon. This Utah team probably finishes 8-4 going in to the bowl game.
                        That 3-20 stat doesn't sound very meaningful since Oregon hasn't lost 20 total games in the last 7-8 years and I can think off the top of my head that they never trailed by 14 in at least 5 of them. I don't think losing games when you were behind 14-0 in 1993 matters much to this game.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • MartyFunkhouser
                          Disciple of RNGesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18747

                          #357
                          Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          The line I got this morning was that Oregon is like 3 - 20 or something when down by 14 points, "The odds were in Utah's favor had it been 14-0". This Utah team has already shown this season that a 21 point lead isn't insurmountable for opposing teams. I agree with Funk, Utah wasn't going to win this game anyway. No shame in losing to Oregon. This Utah team probably finishes 8-4 going in to the bowl game.
                          I definitely disagree with your last point. I think 6-6 is much more like than 8-4 going into the bowl game. I think that 7-5 is the most likely scenario.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #358
                            Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            The line I got this morning was that Oregon is like 3 - 20 or something when down by 14 points, "The odds were in Utah's favor had it been 14-0". This Utah team has already shown this season that a 21 point lead isn't insurmountable for opposing teams. I agree with Funk, Utah wasn't going to win this game anyway. No shame in losing to Oregon. This Utah team probably finishes 8-4 going in to the bowl game.
                            After the game whit gathered everyone in the locker room and screamed, "TWO WORDS: BOWL. ELIGIBLE!"
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #359
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Sure. Oregon can make up points in a hurry. Except when they can't. Like the Arizona game.
                              You don't recognize the difference between a deficit in the 1st quarter and a deficit late in the 3rd or 4th? Or are you just trolling?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • MartyFunkhouser
                                Disciple of RNGesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18747

                                #360
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                That 3-20 stat doesn't sound very meaningful since Oregon hasn't lost 20 total games in the last 7-8 years and I can think off the top of my head that they never trailed by 14 in at least 5 of them. I don't think losing games when you were behind 14-0 in 1993 matters much to this game.
                                What you mean what Oregon did with Brooks as head coach isn't relevant to now? I thought for sure that Utah was going to beat Oregon because we won back in 1994.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...