Week 10 will be zen.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #46
    Week 10 will be zen.

    Was that the beginning of the end of Andy Phillips' dominance, a la Matt Payne at Boise State?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #47
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Was that the beginning of the end of Andy Phillips' dominance, a la Matt Payne at Boise State?
      Why bring that up? Still hurts. Like opening an old wound. I remember exactly where I was when he shanked that one.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25268

        #48
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Why bring that up? Still hurts. Like opening an old wound. I remember exactly where I was when he shanked that one.
        That was the shank that sealed Crowton's fate. It was a necessary evil.

        Besides, I'm pretty numb all over these days, so old wounds don't even hurt.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69717

          #49
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Was that the beginning of the end of Andy Phillips' dominance, a la Matt Payne at Boise State?
          Time for a new nickname!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11182

            #50
            Originally posted by USUC View Post
            57 passing yards for Utah? Absolutely crazy this team rattled off wins the last three weeks. A testament to Booker and that nasty defense.
            I don't think the defense is that dominant and their offense has put up a decent amount of points apart from last night. It looks like Utah has given up 400 yards a game the past four games and 500 to Wazzu. They make some nice plays to keep themselves in the game and certainly have some great players but their defense isn't shutting people down.

            The 3-2 conference record is right about where they should be playing that kind of defense (maybe slightly better).

            Comment

            • smokymountainrain
              Impressive Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22593

              #51
              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I don't think the defense is that dominant and their offense has put up a decent amount of points apart from last night. It looks like Utah has given up 400 yards a game the past four games and 500 to Wazzu. They make some nice plays to keep themselves in the game and certainly have some great players but their defense isn't shutting people down.

              The 3-2 conference record is right about where they should be playing that kind of defense (maybe slightly better).
              Have they really? 16 points last night, 16 points in regulation against OSU, 14 points against USC, 23 points against UCLA.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

              Comment

              • ewth8tr
                Reverend of Irreverence
                • Nov 2008
                • 2347

                #52
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Time for a new nickname!
                On Facebook, I suggested Almost Automatic Andy, or Practically Perfect Phillips, but a Ute friend of mine didn't think I was being very classy.
                "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #53
                  Poor Andy. You've got a friend in me!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Omaha 680
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 11182

                    #54
                    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Have they really? 16 points last night, 16 points in regulation against OSU, 14 points against USC, 23 points against UCLA.
                    I'm only looking at final scores so I didn't realize the defense was scoring that much. I saw 24 against USC and 30 against UCLA and thought that wasn't too bad.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #55
                      I am only starting this because I am planning to see Cal play Oregon this Friday at Levi's Stadium. Should be a fun game. This will make the third college football game I have seen this year and only one of those games has involved BYU.


                      #Swish!
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Looking forward to the Oregon versus Stanford game tonight. It's always interesting to see how Oregon finds a way to lose the game.
                        Seniors for Oregon and Stanford's record against each other 2-2 average score Oregon 33 Stanford 22. Maybe the next group of seniors at Oregon can figure out it out.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • Solon
                          Lost in the flood
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5747

                          #57
                          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I don't think the defense is that dominant and their offense has put up a decent amount of points apart from last night. It looks like Utah has given up 400 yards a game the past four games and 500 to Wazzu. They make some nice plays to keep themselves in the game and certainly have some great players but their defense isn't shutting people down.

                          The 3-2 conference record is right about where they should be playing that kind of defense (maybe slightly better).
                          It was an overtime road loss to a team ranked in the top-15. Stuff happens.
                          I didn't lose too much sleep over it. The Utes are still doing better than expected this year.

                          BTW - not meant as smack at all - I caught about 6 minutes of the byu's game yesterday & was shocked to see how empty the stands were. What was that all about? Was it really that cold?
                          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                          Comment

                          • LiveCoug
                            LA Ute loves me
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18488

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Solon View Post
                            It was an overtime road loss to a team ranked in the top-15. Stuff happens.
                            I didn't lose too much sleep over it. The Utes are still doing better than expected this year.

                            BTW - not meant as smack at all - I caught about 6 minutes of the byu's game yesterday & was shocked to see how empty the stands were. What was that all about? Was it really that cold?
                            Couple of average teams and very cold windy conditions. MTSU averages about 14k for games, so it's about normal.

                            Comment

                            • Omaha 680
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 11182

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Solon View Post
                              It was an overtime road loss to a team ranked in the top-15. Stuff happens.
                              I didn't lose too much sleep over it. The Utes are still doing better than expected this year.

                              BTW - not meant as smack at all - I caught about 6 minutes of the byu's game yesterday & was shocked to see how empty the stands were. What was that all about? Was it really that cold?
                              Yeah I'll admit I don't know a lot about Utah this year. I just know they are having a pretty good year. I watched most of the game last night and it seemed ASU was moving the ball pretty easily but stalled in the red zone. To be fair often it was because of a big play by the Utah defense. But I didn't see a dominant defense.

                              On the BYU game, my cousin who used to live in Nashville drove down to the game and said it was VERY cold by Nashville standards (low 30s wind chill). My guess is the normally low MTSU attendance was supressed further by the cold and BYU fans didn't feel like traveling to see a crap opponent while in the middle of a four game losing streak.

                              Comment

                              • SCcoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7625

                                #60
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Couple of average teams and very cold windy conditions. MTSU averages about 14k for games, so it's about normal.
                                Listed attendance was 19K.

                                Comment

                                Working...