The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    So help me out because I'm having a tough time figuring out why BYU-Virginia would not be a sell out considering the ingredients you mention. Perhaps I could understand if BYU were 1-2 and rebuilding for next year or something. But BYU is undefeated, has an exciting player and Heisman hopeful at QB and is playing a decent opponent. A criticism I've read about BYU scheduling is the lack of quality opponents that visit Provo. What's the incentive for BYU to schedule decent teams like Virginia if they won't sell out during a season where BYU might go undefeated?
    Note I did say "if" it isn't a sell out. I think it should be. Obviously a good number of people passed this year buying season tickets. They can go and buy a ticket for this game though and hopefully that is what happens.

Why wouldn't it sell out? Those who have attended games in the past and are not now doing so have gotten comfortable watching the game on TV. An enthusiasm decline over the last few years isn't built back up with three good games and a worthy opponent showing up in Cougar Stadium. It takes rebuilding.

Again, I am not saying it won't be a sell out, but if it isn't that is my reasoning as to why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Note I did say "if" it isn't a sell out. I think it should be. Obviously a good number of people passed this year buying season tickets. They can go and buy a ticket for this game though and hopefully that is what happens.

Why wouldn't it sell out? Those who have attended games in the past and are not now doing so have gotten comfortable watching the game on TV. An enthusiasm decline over the last few years isn't built back up with three good games and a worthy opponent showing up in Cougar Stadium. It takes rebuilding.

Again, I am not saying it won't be a sell out, but if it isn't that is my reasoning as to why not.
      It does take time, and with this season's home schedule, most should not wonder why season ticket sales are low. Houston and Virginia are the only intersectional games of interest.

USU for locals might hold interest, and Nevada needs to be erased given the losses they've handed out, but Savannah State, MTSU and UNLV? Thank you, no.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        How on earth do you watch this game on DVD?
        Alright, wise guy, clearly he meant to describe those who opt to record the game and then watch it on VHS or Betamax.

Comment

• I'm glad we get these CB updates. What are the defenders of the faith up to these days? Haven't heard much about them in the past few weeks.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I'm glad we get these CB updates. What are the defenders of the faith up to these days? Haven't heard much about them in the past few weeks.
            Wonder if his kids want to go to games with him or if they'd rather play golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Wonder if his kids want to go to games with him or if they'd rather play golf.
              I'm not even sure if he still buys season tickets.

sigpic

Comment

• Some of you guys are quite humorous. You remind me of the little kids that would huddle together and giggle at things. I think we referred to them as the circle jerk off group.

Comment

Some of you guys are quite humorous. You remind me of the little kids that would huddle together and giggle at things. I think we referred to them as the circle jerk off group.
                  "off" is redundant there, fyi. just want to save you the future embarrassment of being the dork who doesn't know his circle jerk slang!
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Some of you guys are quite humorous. You remind me of the little kids that would huddle together and giggle at things. I think we referred to them as the circle jerk off group.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

that doesn't mean what you think it means.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Mentally they were little kids. Age wise they were in high school. Hopefully that allays your concerns.

Comment

Mentally they were little kids. Age wise they were in high school. Hopefully that allays your concerns.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            "off" is redundant there, fyi. just want to save you the future embarrassment of being the dork who doesn't know his circle jerk slang!
                            Actually it isn't redundant. There are those like you who jerk and jerk and jerk, but never reach the off stage.

Comment

Actually it isn't redundant. There are those like you who jerk and jerk and jerk, but never reach the off stage.

Comment

#stamina

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X