No announcement yet.

The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Travis (one of the better CFB blogs out there and FS1 contributor) recognizes the Death March.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...top-ten-091314

9. BYU
    The only reason BYU is not in the top ten right now is because they aren't in a major conference. Given what BYU did to Texas, how in the world could I put UCLA above them?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Clay Travis (one of the better CFB blogs out there and FS1 contributor) recognizes the Death March.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...top-ten-091314
      Such seething hatred for the Pac 12- how can you take that guy seriously?
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Such seething hatred for the Pac 12- how can you take that guy seriously?
        Commando, no offense, but you are reaching Ox like level of needing a release if you catch my drift.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Commando, no offense, but you are reaching Ox like level of needing a release if you catch my drift.
          Loud and clear! Downloading now...

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• BYU’s College Football Playoff chances: Three games into the season, the Cougars are already making a case as the College Football Playoff’s party crashers, and Taysom Hill as the Heisman party crasher. BYU has outscored its first three opponents (UConn, Texas, Houston) 101-50 and the rest of their toughest games on the schedule don’t appear to be too formidable. Where do they stumble? At home against Virginia? At Boise State? At UCF? At Cal? It could happen, of course, but that’s a slate they’ll take. Meanwhile, Hill has 1,045 total yards and a QB rating of 136.2. The schedule isn’t impressive, but could the committee really keep an undefeated team out? We’re a long way from having to worry about it, but the Cougars have looked so good that it’s a scenario that’s too intriguing to ignore.
            http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...233553971.html
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 23 in coaches poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• This is not the 2001 schedule. We're not playing anyone too brutal, but we're playing a lot of middle of the road teams with a couple that could potentially be ranked at some point in time this year. It's good enough to get into one of the BCS bowls but probably not the playoff.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  This is not the 2001 schedule. We're not playing anyone too brutal, but we're playing a lot of middle of the road teams with a couple that could potentially be ranked at some point in time this year. It's good enough to get into one of the BCS bowls but probably not the playoff.
                  This is interesting. Who do you think might be ranked? I just checked BYU's schedule - my guess is that none of their opponents will be ranked IF they lose to BYU. I think UVA might be if they beat BYU this weekend. I suppose the most likely candidates are Boise and Nevada once they start feasting on MWC cupcakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    This is interesting. Who do you think might be ranked? I just checked BYU's schedule - my guess is that none of their opponents will be ranked IF they lose to BYU. I think UVA might be if they beat BYU this weekend. I suppose the most likely candidates are Boise and Nevada once they start feasting on MWC cupcakes.
                    Texas wins four games in a row and they're ranked. If they had held on last night they would have gotten a grip of votes as it is. Boise could be ranked by the time we play them.

Comment

Virginia, Boise and/or Nevada. Virginia looks like a particularly solid candidate. I can easily see Boise or Nevada going 10-2.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Houston could get ranked if they won 5 or 6 in a row. They're capable of that.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Also, Cal.
                          Of course, being consumed with hatred, I can't grant they'll deserve it, just that they could be ranked.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• 21 in AP.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Bigger jump than I expected in both polls-- about four spots each. I presume it has much to do with a good showing by Texas last night.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• - I have a hard time seeing Texas getting ranked. Their QB kind of sucks, and they have to play @ Oklahoma, @ K State, and @ Oklahoma State. Plus, I hear they got destroyed by BYU. They certainly have the talent to turn it around, but their offense looked horrible last night and i don't see that improving too much.
                                - Cal actually has a very favorable schedule for getting ranked by midseason - their first three Pac games are Arizona, Colorado, and WSU. Still, I doubt they run the table on those three. After that, shut it down: UW, UCLA, Oregon, OSU, USC, Stanford. By the time they play BYU, they will be demoralized.
                                - Virginia could do it. They have a favorable early schedule, playing Kent St, Pitt, Duke, and UNC after BYU. I'm not sure who is good in the ACC other than FSU.
                                - Houston - no way. They aren't good. A 1-2 Houston team is not going to get noticed by reeling off 5 straight over the likes of UNLV and Temple.

The best bet are the MWCers. But I think the MWC is on the upswing. SDSU looks competitive, CSU beat a Colorado team that stomped UMASS by 3, etc. If Nevada and Boise lose to BYU, I doubt either of them run the table in conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X