The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Trying not to get ahead of myself since we're not even half way through '13, but reserving this space now because BYU is going to be clearing bitches out next year.

2014: 6 Home, 6 Road
    Aug 28 – @ UConn
    Sept 6 – @ Texas
    Sept 20 – VIRGINIA
    Sept 27 – HOUSTON
    Oct 3 – UTAH STATE
    Oct 11 – @ Central Florida
    Oct 18 – NEVADA
    Oct 25 – @ Boise State
    Nov 1? – @ Middle Tennessee
    Nov 8 – SOUTHERN MISS
    Nov 15 – UNLV
    Nov 29 – @ Cal

Is this really the schedule? Because holy crap we are going to annihilate that thing.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

QB: Obviously Hill will be back and better than ever

Comment

RB: Williams, Hine, Brown

Stout group right there

Receivers: Kurtz, Matthews, Apo, etc.

O-line should be much better only losing one starter. Kearsley with experience, a fully healthy Matthews, and Tayo should be a good anchor for that group. Plus we're going to add Damien Mama to the mix. They'll be much better than the last two years.

Comment

Secondary: Trammell, Johnson, Aguirre, Robertson, Bills, Badger, etc.

That's going to be a great group.

Who does the d-line lose? Obviously Manu is a huge blow, but we get back Rowley, Tuiloma, etc.

LBers might actually be down. Fua on the outside, but who else gets penciled in? Hopefully Pikula finally nails down an inside spot. I think Hinds and Warner will be good enough to contribute right away. I'm excited about those guys.

Could the secondary be better than the front 7 for the first time in a while?

Anyway, this team is going to kick some ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Secondary: Trammell, Johnson, Aguirre, Robertson, Bills, Badger, etc.

That's going to be a great group.

Who does the d-line lose? Obviously Manu is a huge blow, but we get back Rowley, Tuiloma, etc.

LBers might actually be down. Fua on the outside, but who else gets penciled in? Hopefully Pikula finally nails down an inside spot. I think Hinds and Warner will be good enough to contribute right away. I'm excited about those guys.

Could the secondary be better than the front 7 for the first time in a while?

Anyway, this team is going to kick some ass.
          I would figure Skinny Pete was the DB. Badger seems more like a TE in body type, with a kicker's personality

Comment

The ceiling wont be able to hold us!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Badger doesn't have TE speed. Looks more like an undersized o-lineman.

Comment

Texas should see improvement with a new coach in his first year. Boise can't have more than 2 bad years in a row, unless Peterson goes to USC or Texas. Other than that...yeah, the schedule stinks. Playoff here we come!

Comment

Is Leavitt going on a mission? If he doesn't, that adds some great depth to the secondary.

And what happens to Davis? I'd love to have a real burner in that receiver group, but Tree seems to think he sticks on D and he's apparently really liking defense. In fact, he called both Leavitt and Davis future playmakers for the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    Texas should see improvement with a new coach in his first year. Boise can't have more than 2 bad years in a row, unless Peterson goes to USC or Texas. Other than that...yeah, the schedule stinks. Playoff here we come!
                    We're are going to destroy Texas again. They barely even beat us when we had that reject Heaps playing quarterback. This year they had Hill running all over their asses, and he'll unleash even more terror on them next year without the knee brace. We're also going to demolish Boise St. next year, which will be the second year in a row that happens.

Comment

Looks like an awesome sit on the couch, eat some goodies and watch the Cougars beat people up. I hope most of the home games are late so I don't have to DVD them.

If we go undefeated, is the schedule good enough to get us to a BCS game?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        Looks like an awesome sit on the couch, eat some goodies and watch the Cougars beat people up. I hope most of the home games are late so I don't have to DVD them.

Technology fail. That is unless you were planning to burn the games.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

If we are going to remain independent, it makes little sense that we aren't scheduling 7 home games. Does the NCAA allow 8 home games?
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Probably not. We have no guaranteed spot. Maybe the selection committee will put us in the playoff, but I doubt it.

I can't remember, are there any automatic qualifiers for the 4 playoff spots? It is all done by committee now, no? Is the BCS formula dead after this season?

Comment

College football fail. This is the last year for the BCS.

Comment

Working...
                              X