The Official BH Roberts In Disguise Thread: BYU v. MTSU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #121
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Either give the ball to Hine 30+ times or let Taysom Hill throw it 60 times. I don't give a rat's ass which. With BYU running as many plays as they have, maybe both can happen and that would be even better.
    Considering they're running 95 plays a game I think we could.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #122
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      we cant fix the problem until we identify the problem!
      Darren Lucy
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11181

        #123
        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Either give the ball to Hine 30+ times or let Taysom Hill throw it 60 times. I don't give a rat's ass which. With BYU running as many plays as they have, maybe both can happen and that would be even better.
        Agreed. This is one of the last opportunities to get some needed experience in those areas and still have a good chance to win the game if it all goes wrong.

        Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #124
          Bronco speaks

          http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27006403&nid...enhall-9-25-13

          During the fan question segment of the show, one fan asked Mendenhall why he appeared to get emotional right before running on the field before the Utah game."When we pulled up to the stadium and saw all the college students there lined up all the way up and down the street and the way they greeted our team, it was really clear how much the game, the university, and the team mattered to them," said Mendenhall, "and I just for a second was thinking about how lucky I was to be the coach here."
          "It was the best college football game atmosphere that I've been a part of," continued Mendenhall. "Of any home game I've been a part of since I've been here as a coach, that was the best environment and the best support that we've had."
          The cougar walk was pretty cool

          2013-09-21 17.51.12.jpg
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #125
            That story is obviously exaggerated and misleading. What's more, the question was planted and Bronco never got emotional before running out on the field. Once again BYU's spin campaign is on full display.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #126
              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              That story is obviously exaggerated and misleading. What's more, the question was planted and Bronco never got emotional before running out on the field. Once again BYU's spin campaign is on full display.
              I am not disagreeing with you, but I will say the atmoshpere was a good to start the game as almost any I can remember. Miami was still the best, but this was dang good.

              Too bad the crowd was taken out of the game early.

              As I have said many times a lot of BCS teams would love to have our fan base. I doubt they would take it for granted and be so willing to critiicize it.

              Made up or not I appreciate Bronco giving a positive shout out to the fans even if the emphasis was on the students.

              I have a hunch Bronco votes for democrats.

              Comment

              • SCcoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7625

                #127
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post

                Made up or not I appreciate Bronco giving a positive shout out to the fans even if the emphasis was on the students.

                I have a hunch Bronco votes for democrats.
                If you watched the broadcast before we ran on the field Bronco had a holding back tears funny face going on.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #128
                  Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  If you watched the broadcast before we ran on the field Bronco had a holding back tears funny face going on.
                  He actually did. All of his players were running past him and he just stood there looking around.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #129
                    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    If you watched the broadcast before we ran on the field Bronco had a holding back tears funny face going on.
                    I can buy that although from row 27 on the 40 yard line on the east side, I couldn't get a good look at this face. I think the guy cares and wants to win badly.

                    Seeing the crowd, the old blue uni's, my son and grandson with me and having a priority parking pass and yet having to pay $20 and walk a mile, I too had a tear in my eye.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #130
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      I am not disagreeing with you, but I will say the atmoshpere was a good to start the game as almost any I can remember. Miami was still the best, but this was dang good.

                      Too bad the crowd was taken out of the game early.

                      As I have said many times a lot of BCS teams would love to have our fan base. I doubt they would take it for granted and be so willing to critiicize it.

                      Made up or not I appreciate Bronco giving a positive shout out to the fans even if the emphasis was on the students.

                      I have a hunch Bronco votes for democrats.
                      Shaka was right. I need to work on my sarcastic delivery.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #131
                        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        Shaka was right. I need to work on my sarcastic delivery.
                        I disagree, the best sarcasm is sarcasm not everyone gets. As a matter of fact my goal is to have only 10% get it so if someone in the 90% calls me out I can call them a "dumb ass".

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69684

                          #132
                          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          Shaka was right. I need to work on my sarcastic delivery.
                          BYU71 rarely gets sarcasm. Bless his heart.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • BigFatMeanie
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7113

                            #133
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Let's start turning this discussion towards a more important topic: ponchos.

                            1. Are you bringing a poncho with you to the game?
                            2. What kind of poncho are you bringing?

                            I am really wishing I bought that BYU poncho at the 'Co last year. The BYU plastic trash bag isnt as cozy.
                            1. Yes
                            2. A green one

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69684

                              #134
                              Come on, people. It is a whiteout. White ponchos only, please.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • BigFatMeanie
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7113

                                #135
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Come on, people. It is a whiteout. White ponchos only, please.
                                White ponchos? Aren't those the things you wear in the temple when doing initiatory ordinances?

                                Comment

                                Working...