Messing with Texas: UT @ BYU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigFatMeanie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7117

    #706
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    They closed the Hinckley Building :-(

    Now waiting in the car.
    Bummer. We hung out in that combo church/classroom/office building just north of the Riviera (if it's still called that). There were plenty of places to sit, bathrooms, etc. it was a good place to weather the storm.

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15670

      #707
      Bronco on KSL just gushing about the Cougar Walk. Says that was one of the coolest things he has ever been a part of.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18488

        #708
        If you guys really want confirmation as how how much other teams in the Big 12 hate Texas, check out the message boards from teams in the big 12. Multiple page threads on the game tonight. Funny stuff.

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #709
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          That's because he asked Mack if Manny will be back and he said he didn't know and will have to watch game tape.
          Mack just needs to check the stats...

          Hill was masterful in guiding the team's new read-option offense as the Cougars (1-1) rolled up 550 yards rushing, eclipsing a 55-year-old team record. It's also the most yards rushing Texas (1-1) has ever allowed.

          Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...#ixzz2eHBzQu85
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #710
            What a fun game. I was freaking out about not working the clock in the fourth quarter, but hey who needs to work clock when you are kicking the crap out of their defensive line.

            This game felt like Nebraska circa 1995. Love it. I don't mind if we never pass again if we can do this.

            Comment

            • Cougarmandias
              Stringpuller to the stars
              • Apr 2011
              • 407

              #711
              What a game. No buts from me tonight.
              I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
              -smokymountainrain


              Menden Hall Hates Me.

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #712
                LOL. The ShaggyBevo has a new banner...

                bull_bag.gif
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69720

                  #713
                  What a perfect weekend. Still in shock at how we dominated. Never saw that coming.

                  I read through this entire thread while stuck in traffic. No offense, but you guys are hilarious. What someone really bitching about poor run-blocking by the o-line? Seriously?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #714
                    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    That was friggin' awesome. I'll probably watch it another ten times before I go to bed.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #715
                      Missed most of the 2nd half because the game got started so late. Just caught up and man that was awesome. If we ever have an offensive coach that matches the vision Bronco has on defense, we could be pretty good, because if there's one thing I'm certain about the last few seasons, it's that Bronco's a defensive genius. Dude just knows what he's doing. Hopefully Anae has the vision to match.

                      And boy am I going to miss KVN after this year. Kid is just a game changer.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69720

                        #716
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Missed most of the 2nd half because the game got started so late. Just caught up and man that was awesome. If we ever have an offensive coach that matches the vision Bronco has on defense, we could be pretty good, because if there's one thing I'm certain about the last few seasons, it's that Bronco's a defensive genius. Dude just knows what he's doing. Hopefully Anae has the vision to match.

                        And boy am I going to miss KVN after this year. Kid is just a game changer.
                        He had an incredible game. Bronson and Fua also were great.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #717
                          @SolidVerbal...

                          BYU has rushed for more yards than anyone ever has vs Texas. BYU's 2012 rushing offense rank? 82nd.


                          It's only week two, so Texas does still have plenty of time to fix their defense before the Pinstripe Bowl.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25268

                            #718
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            LOL. The ShaggyBevo has a new banner...

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2715[/ATTACH]
                            "Welcome BYU fans. This website probably does not meet your church's guidelines"
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • Art Vandelay
                              Striving for mediocrity
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 10516

                              #719
                              Great end to a fantastic weekend. For those if you going to church tomorrow, I suggest you start reading this thread, after page 13. It will make SS and EQ fly by for you.

                              Comment

                              • lambdacoug
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 3981

                                #720
                                LOL at TX fan that says he feels bad fir BYU fans that think their team is good when really TX is just horrible. Haha!
                                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                                - Howard Aiken

                                Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                                Comment

                                Working...