Originally posted by LiveCoug
View Post
U vs. Y '12
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostThis game really isn't going that well for Arkansas.
Wrong thread?
This thread has the lowest substantive football talk / bullshit rivalry sniping ratio of any I remember.
Not that I mind, just striking how many pages of the thread I can scroll through without coming across a thought-out football post.Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī
It can't all be wedding cake.
Comment
-
How did I miss out on that? I'm just disappointed we never see him actually playing his bassoon.Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
Comment
-
BYU does seem to play teams from Idaho quite a bit.Originally posted by LiveCoug View PostWith Idaho plates?
"In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
"And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
"Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute
Comment
-
To play teams from Idaho?Originally posted by kccougar View PostCheaper registration fees."In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
"And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
"Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute
Comment
-
Are you talking about when David McFly finally mustered up enough courage to call a girl he liked, but it was really only after he took the babe he worked with at a fast food place to see him play in the community orchestra and she told him to quit acting like a wuss and make the call?Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View PostDoes anybody understand the reference to the bassoon and the phone call?"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
Comment
-
I walked into the clubhouse after playing golf today, around 3:15 and there is Lavell talking to our pro. I have never seen him up here before. Probably won some prize money in the one of the Utah Open pro-am's.
We exchanged greetings, talked about my new golf swing and then I asked him who he thinks will win tonight. He said he thinks we will.
He was nice enough to say, "good seeing you again", but I don't think he really remembers me.
Comment
-
-
What's the Iowa-ISU equivalent of The Play?Originally posted by Babs View PostI'm not sure about that. I didn't even know there was a Cal-Stanford rivalry. It strikes me as roughly equivalent to Iowa - Iowa State.
Stanford-Cal is the West Coast version of Harvard-Yale, a rivalry I didn't put on because it's FCS. Why did I put it on that list? Academic smack? My NoCal ties? Beats me, but I could see why some/many wouldn't agree.
Comment
-
I saw the BYU band arrive, and I waved at them in welcome. They waved back. They came in rented buses, however.Originally posted by kccougar View PostI typically enter LES at the NW gate so I make it a habit of checking out the opponent's transportation. The bigger schools have their own decorated full-size trailer, usually pulled by a rented semi. The smaller schools have less impressive trailers - for instance the Weber State trailer looked like half a step up from our ward's scout trailer. I was surprised that UCLA used a standard Uhaul truck for their gear. Utah just got their own trailer last year. Before that they used an A-1 Moving and Storage truck. All the schools I've seen have used rented buses for the team.
BYU obviously has their own trailer and their own truck. Looks like they also have their own buses.
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
There's no need to engage in name-calling. Just because Utah fans disagree with you doesn't mean they are bassoons.Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View PostDoes anybody understand the reference to the bassoon and the phone call?“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
Comment