U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #661
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    With Idaho plates?
    Still gotta be judicious with that ESPN money.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #662
      This game really isn't going that well for Arkansas.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • oxcoug
        Dolphins Rape Hipsters
        • Dec 2009
        • 5309

        #663
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        This game really isn't going that well for Arkansas.
        Wrong thread?

        This thread has the lowest substantive football talk / bullshit rivalry sniping ratio of any I remember.

        Not that I mind, just striking how many pages of the thread I can scroll through without coming across a thought-out football post.
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

        It can't all be wedding cake.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #664
          Yeah, meant for the Week 3 thread.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21139

            #665
            Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
            How did I miss out on that? I'm just disappointed we never see him actually playing his bassoon.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • DU Ute
              RIP CUF
              • Dec 2008
              • 7393

              #666
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              With Idaho plates?
              BYU does seem to play teams from Idaho quite a bit.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

              Comment

              • kccougar
                9262
                • Nov 2008
                • 7020

                #667
                Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                BYU does seem to play teams from Idaho quite a bit.
                Cheaper registration fees.
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                Comment

                • DU Ute
                  RIP CUF
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7393

                  #668
                  Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  Cheaper registration fees.
                  To play teams from Idaho?
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #669
                    Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                    Does anybody understand the reference to the bassoon and the phone call?
                    Are you talking about when David McFly finally mustered up enough courage to call a girl he liked, but it was really only after he took the babe he worked with at a fast food place to see him play in the community orchestra and she told him to quit acting like a wuss and make the call?
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • byu71
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22070

                      #670
                      I walked into the clubhouse after playing golf today, around 3:15 and there is Lavell talking to our pro. I have never seen him up here before. Probably won some prize money in the one of the Utah Open pro-am's.

                      We exchanged greetings, talked about my new golf swing and then I asked him who he thinks will win tonight. He said he thinks we will.

                      He was nice enough to say, "good seeing you again", but I don't think he really remembers me.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #671
                        Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        USC and UCLA is not more fierce. Nor is Cal v. Stanford. They are just more well known.
                        I'm not sure about that. I didn't even know there was a Cal-Stanford rivalry. It strikes me as roughly equivalent to Iowa - Iowa State.

                        Comment

                        • Top Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 2194

                          #672
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          I'm not sure about that. I didn't even know there was a Cal-Stanford rivalry. It strikes me as roughly equivalent to Iowa - Iowa State.
                          What's the Iowa-ISU equivalent of The Play?

                          Stanford-Cal is the West Coast version of Harvard-Yale, a rivalry I didn't put on because it's FCS. Why did I put it on that list? Academic smack? My NoCal ties? Beats me, but I could see why some/many wouldn't agree.

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #673
                            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            I typically enter LES at the NW gate so I make it a habit of checking out the opponent's transportation. The bigger schools have their own decorated full-size trailer, usually pulled by a rented semi. The smaller schools have less impressive trailers - for instance the Weber State trailer looked like half a step up from our ward's scout trailer. I was surprised that UCLA used a standard Uhaul truck for their gear. Utah just got their own trailer last year. Before that they used an A-1 Moving and Storage truck. All the schools I've seen have used rented buses for the team.

                            BYU obviously has their own trailer and their own truck. Looks like they also have their own buses.
                            I saw the BYU band arrive, and I waved at them in welcome. They waved back. They came in rented buses, however.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • LA Ute
                              Receiver of Memory
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19512

                              #674
                              Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                              Does anybody understand the reference to the bassoon and the phone call?
                              There's no need to engage in name-calling. Just because Utah fans disagree with you doesn't mean they are bassoons.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden


                              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                              Comment

                              • Viking
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 6470

                                #675
                                It looks like the typical streams are shutdown...anyone know of a good live feed?

                                Comment

                                Working...