The Official Riley Nelson is a Badass Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #196
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Riley has 7 chances this season to prove his worth.

    Washington State: check
    Utah:FAIL
    Boise State:FAIL
    Hawaii: DNP
    Utah State: DNP
    Oregon State:?
    Notre Dame:?
    Georgia Tech:?

    I purposely excluded the bowl game because even good BYU QBs suck in bowl games.

    I'm going to let Riley prove that he is a bada**. We will know pretty soon.
    Halfway mark of the season, not looking good for Riley to make his case.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • The_Douger
      Athletic Supporter
      • Jun 2012
      • 5413

      #197
      Riley never had a case to be made. We saw what we needed to see last year.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

      Comment

      • TexTechCoug
        Carbonite
        • Nov 2010
        • 891

        #198
        Riley is back, thank you Brandon.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69741

          #199
          Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
          Then Riley stays on offense despite every rational reason that he should change positions and creates a second QB controversy.
          Dumbest Riley criticism yet. Congrats!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #200
            Originally Posted by TripletDaddy
            Riley has 7 chances this season to prove his worth.

            Washington State: BA
            Utah:FAIL
            Boise State:FAIL
            Hawaii: DNP
            Utah State: DNP
            Oregon State:FAIL
            Notre Dame:?
            Georgia Tech:?

            I purposely excluded the bowl game because even good BYU QBs suck in bowl games.

            I'm going to let Riley prove that he is a bada**. We will know pretty soon.
            3 INTs.

            I think this story is becoming pretty clear. Everyone already seems to know how it will end.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Omaha 680
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 11183

              #201
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              3 INTs.

              I think this story is becoming pretty clear. Everyone already seems to know how it will end.
              Riley's greatest win of his career when it's over will be USU last year. Fitting because it's the miracle that got him the starting job back. But unimpressive.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #202
                Turnovers at Utah and Boise State directly led to easy opponent scores and were the difference in those losses on the road. Not all were on Nelson, but some definitely were. Nelson has thrown six interceptions and one touchdown pass in his last two games.
                That’s why Saturday’s second-down interception throw by Nelson was so baffling. Here’s a guy who is in his seventh season of college football, with a two-year LDS mission mixed in. He’s smart, probably headed for medical school. He’s seasoned. He is not dumb.

                But somewhere in his DNA, he simply won’t give up on a play that is dead. And then it all dies. It’s myopia on steroids.

                Call it stubborn, call it gritty, call it inspirational or anything you want. But you cannot label plays like that smart football. Scovil would do more than have a quarterback who did that run wind sprints in practice. He’d find somebody else.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #203
                  That's the best Harmon article I've ever read.

                  Comment

                  • Clark Addison
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10314

                    #204
                    I don't know if the ESPN announcers prep by watching previous games, because almost every game (including this last one), Riley will make some mystifying throw, and the announcers will say something like "That is really a surprising decision coming from him", and I always think "Not really".

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #205
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      That's the best Harmon article I've ever read.
                      Disagree. This one is my favorite.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #206
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Disagree. This one is my favorite.
                        Mmmmm ribs!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #207
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Mmmmm ribs!
                          I told you. It is a great article!
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #208
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by TripletDaddy
                            Riley has 7 chances this season to prove his worth.

                            Washington State: BA
                            Utah:FAIL
                            Boise State:FAIL
                            Hawaii: DNP
                            Utah State: DNP
                            Oregon State:FAIL
                            Notre Dame:FAIL
                            Georgia Tech:?

                            I purposely excluded the bowl game because even good BYU QBs suck in bowl games.

                            I'm going to let Riley prove that he is a bada**. We will know pretty soon.
                            FAIL FAIL FAIL
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #209
                              We probably lose to USU if he plays.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • Green Monstah
                                Royal Rooter
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 13973

                                #210
                                Riley, you play like a badass. You are tough as nails. You also suck balls. Please bench yourself against Georgia Tech.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                                "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                                Comment

                                Working...