The Official Riley Nelson is a Badass Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #181
    I think Riley is too hurt to lead us to a win tonight. I'd like to see someone else.

    But he's still a badass.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #182
      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Yeah, Riley sucked in the Utah game. Sure the O-line sucked and so did the playcalling, but I think that even Feterik would have won that game for us.

      QBs have their ups and downs and the Utah game was clearly down for Riley. Hopefully he has a decent performance tonight. If not, then I wouldn't mind seeing some T. Hill in the easier games coming up on the schedule.
      At one point in the 3rd quarter, Riley was 1 for his last 10 before he completed a couple of passes just in time for the Snap to No One.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #183
        While I've never been remotely head over heels about Nelson, I have a hard time ripping on someone that works as hard as Riley does.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #184
          Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
          Go win at Boise tonight Riley, because if you dont even Shaka might lose faith(lol, ya right).
          For a supposed Lark guy, he sure is an ardent Riley apologist! But I think we could all see through that ploy to begin with.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • dabrockster
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 10957

            #185
            Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            Some day you are going to look back and be embarassed at how much Riley Nelson hurt your pussy. At least, I hope you do!

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #186
              Is it too early to determine whether Riley is getting a check or fail for this game?
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Portland Ute
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 5647

                #187
                The option works with Taysom Hill.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #188
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Riley has 7 chances this season to prove his worth.

                  Washington State: check
                  Utah:FAIL
                  Boise State:FAIL
                  Oregon State:?
                  Hawaii:?
                  Notre Dame:?
                  Georgia Tech:?

                  I purposely excluded the bowl game because even good BYU QBs suck in bowl games.

                  I'm going to let Riley prove that he is a bada**. We will know pretty soon.
                  FAIL
                  FAIL
                  FAIL
                  FAIL

                  (one for each turnover....I don't blame him for Alisa's fumble)
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #189
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Riley has 7 chances this season to prove his worth.

                    Washington State: check
                    Utah:FAIL
                    Boise State:FAIL
                    Hawaii: DNP
                    Oregon State:?
                    Notre Dame:?
                    Georgia Tech:?

                    I purposely excluded the bowl game because even good BYU QBs suck in bowl games.

                    I'm going to let Riley prove that he is a bada**. We will know pretty soon.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • The_Douger
                      Athletic Supporter
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 5413

                      #190
                      I think you need to consider USU as a chance to prove himself. They are much improved.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #191
                        Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                        I think you need to consider USU as a chance to prove himself. They are much improved.
                        Sure, no problem. I will include that, too.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • PolyCougar
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 242

                          #192
                          I love Riley, but lately he's starting to feel like this guy... The Black Knight.
                          [YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/zKhEw7nD9C4[/YOUTUBE]

                          Last edited by PolyCougar; 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM.

                          Comment

                          • KillerDog
                            a.k.a. K-dog
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 4196

                            #193
                            We should change the name of this thread from "Riley Nelson is a Badass" to "Riley Nelson is an Ass." In his time at BYU, a journey-man back-up sat down in his senior season so Riley could get reps. Then Riley is involved in a QB controversy that results in an offensive (pun intended) debacle. Then Riley stays on offense despite every rational reason that he should change positions and creates a second QB controversy. Now, in his final year he has been injured and hiding it game after game resulting in losses to beatable teams. In this time period, there have been different OCs, receivers, other QBs, and RBs. The only common parties to this drama are Doman and Nelson and we all know they are cut from the same cloth in this regard. Both of these cats think they are more important than the team and proved it during their college careers. Call it like you see it but for me this should be the "Riley Nelson is an Ass" thread.

                            Comment

                            • Non Sequitur
                              Where did I put my bodkin
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5773

                              #194
                              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              We should change the name of this thread from "Riley Nelson is a Badass" to "Riley Nelson is an Ass.
                              Good luck. I started a thread titled "Riley Nelson is a bad, ass", and it was changed for me to "I don't like Riley Nelson".
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                              Comment

                              • FMCoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 6825

                                #195
                                Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                Good luck. I started a thread titled "Riley Nelson is a bad, ass", and it was changed for me to "I don't like Riley Nelson".
                                Mine was Riley Nelson is a dumbass. Same result.
                                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                                Comment

                                Working...