Alabama
    Oregon
    Oklahoma

Heisman favorites (in no particular order):

Matt Barkley
    Montee Ball
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Aaron Murray
    RGIII/Trent Richardson (if they return for their senior seasons, which I don't expect)

Conference favorites:
    LSU (SEC)
    Oklahoma (B12)
    Wisconsin (B10)
    USC (P12)
    VaTech (ACC)
    West Virginia (Big East, I guess)
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    The preseason top 5:

LSU
    USC
    Alabama
    Oregon
    Oklahoma

Matt Barkley
    Montee Ball
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Aaron Murray
    RGIII/Trent Richardson (if they return for their senior seasons, which I don't expect)

Conference favorites:
    LSU (SEC)
    Oklahoma (B12)
    Wisconsin (B10)
    USC (P12)
    VaTech (ACC)
    I'm not counting out Bama or Oregon
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

As much as I would enjoy it, I think SC as a preseason top 5 is a bit much. I see them more like a 5-8 due to questions about defense.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        As much as I would enjoy it, I think SC as a preseason top 5 is a bit much. I see them more like a 5-8 due to questions about defense.
        How many starters are lost? I know McDonald declared early.
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

The preseason top 5:

LSU
          USC
          Alabama
          Oregon
          Oklahoma

Matt Barkley
          Montee Ball
          Tyrann Mathieu
          Aaron Murray

Conference favorites:
          LSU (SEC)
          Oklahoma (B12)
          Wisconsin (B10)
          USC (P12)
          VaTech (ACC)
          Sorry but Honey Badger was torched last night and Alabama exposed him.

My top 5:

1. Alabama
          2. Oregon
          3. LSU
          4. USC
          5. South Carolina
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

My top 5:

1. Alabama
            2. Oregon
            3. LSU
            4. USC
            5. South Carolina
            I'm not too impressed with South Carolina. They're still missing a QB, and while Lattimore will have plenty of time to recuperate, they're too reliant on him.

That stretch of vs UGA, at LSU, and at Florida will be crucial for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

My top 5:

1. Alabama
              2. Oregon
              3. LSU
              4. USC
              5. South Carolina
              Yup. My comment during the game last night is that talent can only make up for so much height.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not too impressed with South Carolina. They're still missing a QB, and while Lattimore will have plenty of time to recuperate, they're too reliant on him.

That stretch of vs UGA, at LSU, and at Florida will be crucial for them.
                7-1 after Shaw became the starter he finished with 14tds and 6 ints and a 148.3qb rating.

His only loss was @ Arkansas.

He had wins over Florida, Clemson and Nebraska in the bowl game. I think South Carolina makes that step in to the top 5 next year.
                *Banned*

Comment

How many starters are lost? I know McDonald declared early.
                  TJ is coming back. He is one of the team captains. He never declared. You might be confusing him with Nick Perry (DE). Perry is a big loss, he lead the team in sacks and had around 50-60 tackles.

Actually, SC returns almost 20 starters overall and 9 on defense. They lead the PAC in returning starters.

The defense has made strides as they get more used to Monte's Tampa 2. I think Oregon and Stanford will attest that SC is playing better d than it had in recent previous seasons. But Robey's size and speed is still a concern. This is mostly the same defense that allowed ASU to run and pass all over the field.

You have to understand, I'm still living in fear of the 2010 secondary that was basically the worst in SC history. TJ, Robey, and Starling. In fairness, they have played together now for almost 3 years and turned it around last year. Robey had that sweet late-game INT vs Luck and Starling basically put the Irish out of the game in South Bend when he grabbed the ball on the ground and ran it all the way back.

I'm not sure what will happen on the other corner. Robey will start, but I dont know what Kiff will do will Wiley. Wiley came in only after Torin Harris and Anthony Brown were injured during the season. but will Robey and Wiley, the corners were locked down. Kiff tends to play the best players, not the most senior, so im hopeful the job is Wiley's to lose. If so, I like SC's chances on the road against pass happy teams.

Come to think of it, all of SC's back 7 is coming back. Never mind...SC will be awesome! :usc:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    TJ is coming back. He is one of the team captains. He never declared. You might be confusing him with Nick Perry (DE). Perry is a big loss, he lead the team in sacks and had around 50-60 tackles.

Actually, SC returns almost 20 starters overall and 9 on defense. They lead the PAC in returning starters.

The defense has made strides as they get more used to Monte's Tampa 2. I think Oregon and Stanford will attest that SC is playing better d than it had in recent previous seasons. But Robey's size and speed is still a concern. This is mostly the same defense that allowed ASU to run and pass all over the field.

You have to understand, I'm still living in fear of the 2010 secondary that was basically the worst in SC history. TJ, Robey, and Starling. In fairness, they have played together now for almost 3 years and turned it around last year. Robey had that sweet late-game INT vs Luck and Starling basically put the Irish out of the game in South Bend when he grabbed the ball on the ground and ran it all the way back.

I'm not sure what will happen on the other corner. Robey will start, but I dont know what Kiff will do will Wiley. Wiley came in only after Torin Harris and Anthony Brown were injured during the season. but will Robey and Wiley, the corners were locked down. Kiff tends to play the best players, not the most senior, so im hopeful the job is Wiley's to lose. If so, I like SC's chances on the road against pass happy teams.

Come to think of it, all of SC's back 7 is coming back. Never mind...SC will be awesome! :usc:
                    SC will win it all next year. Take it to the bank.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      UnfiniSChed business!

Reclaim the Orange Bowl!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        I tend to agree, as much as I hate to see them do well.

Comment

Like, Omygosh, are you guys as excited about a plus-one as I am?! Just think, finally having a game where the top two teams meet to determine the official official champion.

I am so glad that they have finally figured out the cause of the waning interest in bowl season and they're going to do something about it!! If we're really lucky maybe they'll schedule the game around Easter and air it on Versus.

Comment

Brett McMurphy of CBS Sports made his extremely early preseason Top 25 rankings: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ed-usc-at-no-2

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              Like, Omygosh, are you guys as excited about a plus-one as I am?! Just think, finally having a game where the top two teams meet to determine the official official champion.

I am so glad that they have finally figured out the cause of the waning interest in bowl season and they're going to do something about it!! If we're really lucky maybe they'll schedule the game around Easter and air it on Versus.
                              Do you realize this version of the plus 1 is a matchup between 1v4 and 2v3 and then winners play? This isn't the old stupid plus 1 where 1v2 plays and then they rerank and play 1v2 again... You have some really twisted perceptions if you think that the 1v4, 2v3 and winners play for the title isn't attractive.....

Comment

Working...
                              X